Author Topic: Vertigo jig  (Read 12285 times)

Offline Gisbod

Vertigo jig
« on: March 11, 2017, 06:45:06 AM »
I ordered one a month ago - not arrived yet and haven't had any reply from 3 emails?

Anyone else had any issues or ideas how I could get their attention?

Thanks

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Gisbod

Re: Vertigo jig
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 06:50:05 AM »
Ps this is the email I've got...

[email protected]

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:09:27 AM »
I had an issue with them a while back over non delivery but it was resolved. Had to go via Paypal though to spur them into life.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:59:57 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Still nothing back, just not sure how to get this resolved!

Guy

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 10:20:28 PM »
Hi Guy ,

If the seller doesn't want to reply to your emails to get the issue resolved start a dispute with paypal if that was the payment option you used . Even though paypal gives 180 days , they recommend you start the dispute within 30 days . If you wait 45 days it can make it hard for the dispute process .

If you used a credit card , then call then and cancel the transaction . Not sure what card type you have but most cards only allow 30 days before it comes to late to do anything . ( like my card )

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 05:25:39 AM »
Thanks Terri,

Will start down that road then. Shame though, I want the Jig!

Guy

Offline Wodehouse

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 10:58:48 PM »
Not quite a month, but same here.  Ordered one on Feb 18 and still haven't seen it.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
How annoying! Sorry to hear that folks. When I remember it corrrectly, it took aeteernities when I had ordered mine as well till I got it.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline kajones1644

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 12:50:40 AM »
Jig ordered on the 10th Feb and no respone to my emails. I dont really want to go down the PayPal dispute route but I see no other option. I am going to give it one more week.

Offline jamieg

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 01:36:48 AM »
The worst deals I have been involved with went even worse when I started a dispute at PPal. The seller usually takes it as a declaration of war, and useless Ppal takes the easy way out even in the face of overwhelming proof of a rip-off.
Never seen such lying , manipulation of the details and outright low-life behaviour as a few of the deals I've had to endure. Ppal as well has rigid standards that they will adhere to if it gets them out of the situation.
Be careful when going to the dispute!

I've found that the mere mention of resorting to Paypal's protection generally moves the seller to immediate action. Sellers want that 100% positive rating. But, I don't think I've ever dealt with someone who was actually trying to rip me off, just situations where something had gone wrong in the process of shipping. Also, I've only had a few interactions with private sellers recently, most of my purchases have been from ebay stores.

Jamie

Offline Wodehouse

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
Hmm, wonder if it's worth trying to make a group complaint to Paypal?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 08:47:23 AM »
I have lodged a few disputes with Paypal and each time the issue was resolved very quickly, sometimes the seller just needs a bit of prompting from Paypal to get things moving. I find that 99.9% of sellers are genuine but occasionally there is a glitch in the system that will cause deliveries to be delayed, like my latest order that was put on a ship instead of an aeroplane, took four months to get here, but at least it arrived.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »
In the past 14 months I have made 39 purchases using paypal and only had one mishap on where it had to go to dispute . Was charged for air shipping , but was sent sureface instead . The seller lied about it to paypal  and I got my funds back . I keep all e-mails until my item has arrived . Just never know when you need them .
I do agree with Des , not ever seller is out to rip you off , but mistakes do happen in shipping . It's whether the seller is willing to aid in getting the problem resolved is what makes the difference .

Really hope you guys are able to get your this resolved and you get your jig .

Des , glad to hear that you finally got your item . Four months is a long time to wait for a parcel . Glad it all work out in the end for you .

Terri
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:21:24 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 12:09:16 PM »
Steve,
    Did you get the "upgrade Kit" for it, or can you tell me what it is/does?? I'm thinking of ordering the Jig from UMM but unsure if the upgrade is required. I have the AeroClub Jig but it's too small (Chord-wise) for the larger 1:32 Subjects.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Jim

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 06:40:19 PM »
I ordered one a month ago - not arrived yet and haven't had any reply from 3 emails?

Anyone else had any issues or ideas how I could get their attention?

Thanks

Guy

Hi Guy

I also ordered a 1/32 jig and upgrade kit directly from Vertigo nearly one month ago since the online hobby store I normally use did not have them in stock. I have yet to contact Vertigo regarding the status of my order, but now I have read your post I will follow it up with them and, if I do not receive a reply shortly, with PayPal.

Regards

Jim
Woof!