Author Topic: Ansaldo A.1 Balilla Polish (1/32, Aviattic)  (Read 40904 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Ansaldo A.1 Balilla Polish (1/32, Aviattic)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 07:18:49 AM »
Some more work on the SPA 6 engine. The assembly is basically completed. Only some dirt is still missing to tone down that brand-new look. Besides the kit parts I have added a few oil pipes, an oil pump (?) at the rear bottom and three control levers at the carb, where I plan to add a throttle linkage. Also a fuel supply will be added, but these bits will be possible only when the engine is installed. So now it is time for the next subassembly - fuselage with cockpit interior.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:16:02 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline steveb

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 01:06:16 PM »
Super nice! What paint did you use for those metal finishes?

Steve

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »
My precious....   ;)    Looking really good.

Offline 53ryder

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »
Love your engine. What size wire are you using for ignition wires/cables?

Glenn

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 03:58:38 AM »
As usual, spectacular work on the power plant, Przemo!  Can't wait to get started on mine.
Which scheme will you be doing?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 04:49:55 AM »
Thank you, everyone.

Glenn, in this case I used 0.12mm fishing line. Sometimes I also use soldering wire of 0.25mm.

Bud, after some deliberation I opted for Merian Cooper's "5". I chose him because out of that all together amazing group of American volunteers, he seemed to have the most spectacular experience, being shot down and taken prisoner by the reds. He survived only because he managed to conceal the fact that he was an officer and an American airman from the squadron so feared and hated by his captors.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:34:33 PM by PrzemoL »

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 06:09:15 AM »
Bud, after some deliberation I opted for Merian Cooper's "5". I chose him because out of that all together amazing group of American volunteers, he seemed to have the most spectacular experience, being shot down and taken prisoner by the reds. He survived only because he managed to conceal the fact that he was an officer and an American airman from the squadron so feared and hated by his captors.
Excellent choice, Przemo.  I'll probably do Cooper's plane, as well.  I love the letter he wrote to General Pilsudski offering his services to the Polish cause.  What a remarkable family history!
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:05:51 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 04:40:17 PM »
The kit itself looks beautiful, but you certainly do it justice :)
I did Coopers Albatros in 1/72 from the Encore kit, he certainly had an interesting and eventful life!

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »
Super nice! What paint did you use for those metal finishes?

Steve

Sorry, Steve. Overlooked your question. The metallic paints on this engine are Vallejo acrylic metalizers. Black is Pactra acylic.

Yes, Bud and Jeroen. Cooper's life would make for a sensational movie.
BTW, Cooper misspelled the name of Polish commander Piłsudski. :-) But we do forgive him!  ;)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 06:15:44 AM »
As usual, spectacular work on the power plant, Przemo!  Can't wait to get started on mine.
Cheers,
Bud

I am in complete agreement with Bud! Spectacular as always. It is great that you are leading the way on this one. Perhaps after you, Bud, and Bo finish I will have the courage to start Mine  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 05:59:04 AM »
With SE.5a finally completed and the publication of Aviattic manual pdf I could return to this model.

The preparation of fuselage innards is underway.

The elements of control gear

The fuselage frames

Opening for the fuel tank cut out in the fuselage bottom

The resin plate from the fuselage bottom served to thicken the tank. With the resin and photoetched bits added it looks like this

Then it turned out that the thickness increase with the fuse bottom was not enough to have the tank bottom surface flush with the fuselage bottom. I decided to add spacers to the floor underside to correct this

And finally the instrument panel with the ammo magazines together with the gun support. The latter in my copy had missing pair of gun brackets - they seemed to be broken off but I did not find these bits in its plastic bag. They were rebuild from scratch plastic bits.

As is seen, some elements have the primer paint applied - Sand from Vallejo. I meant it as the base for wood but I will most probably redo it with my preferred Pactra A123 Mid stone colour.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:35:43 PM by PrzemoL »

Offline aliluke

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 07:02:04 PM »
Great work and nice to see you back at it. I see you didn't take Bo's route with the fuselage cut - that idea intrigued and frightened me at the same time but I get way ahead of myself. I've downloaded the instruction manual and been through it and my kit can't be far away but a start on it certainly is. Looking forward to your further progress - it is sure to be brilliant because all of your work is!

Thanks
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 02:25:16 AM »
As usual I am completely blown away by the superb painting and finishes that you achieve on your models. Everything you do is just done to as close to perfection as one can get!

Stephen.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »
I wish i could afford one of these amazing kits. Przemol you are doing her justice as expected.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2017, 03:21:45 AM »
As usual I am completely blown away by the superb painting and finishes that you achieve on your models. Everything you do is just done to as close to perfection as one can get!

Stephen.

I have to agree with Stephen!Your usual Brilliant work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler