Author Topic: Hello from Michigan  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Koz Aero

Hello from Michigan
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:11:11 AM »
Hello all,
I am big fan of accurate scale models and am currently building a full scale Sopwith F1 Camel using original parts including a Le Clerget 130 hp rotary engine. Not exactly a model but I am here to offer help with photos and measurements of authentic parts.  My web site is www.kozaero.com
I can provide details on Sopwith Camel parts, Clerget engines, Gnome Type N and Gnome Omega  engines. Feel free to use the contact information on my site or through this forum.

Sincerely,

Koz

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Hello from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »
Hello Koz and welcome to the forum, what a pleasure it is to see a full size Sopwith Camel being built to exacting standards, I viewed all your photos on your website and what a splendid job you are doing, the instrument panel is superb, I will be following your build very closely.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 10:43:13 AM »
   Some really great reference material here, Thank You for sharing this with us!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Koz Aero

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »
The Replicraft Plans by Jim Keiger are a great place to start if you want a detailed scale model Camel.  I supplement them with the original drawings and photos I have from original aircraft.  I am pleased you appreciate the detail.  I have gone so far as to produce all the nuts and bolts as the threads were not metric or AN. British Standard Fine in most cases.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:17:45 AM by Koz Aero »

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 10:37:59 PM »
Wow! That is really impressive! Welcome to the site and Thank You for sharing the great photographs! Your workmanship looks superb... regards, Marc.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 06:44:14 AM »
Welcome to the site! As others have said thank you for the great photos. I am sure with all of those WNW Camels out there your 1/1 scale build will be priceless as a resource!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 01:38:34 AM »
WOW Tom, that is serious "modeling" !!!
Welcome among us!

Antonio

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 04:18:47 AM »
Welcome aboard, Tom!  Your Camel is spectacular!  Can't wait to see further progress.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 04:41:58 AM »
Enjoy the site!!

Steve