Author Topic: HpH 1:32 scale Aviatik Berg D.1  (Read 15441 times)

Offline petrov27

Re: HpH 1:32 scale Aviatik Berg D.1
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 05:57:59 AM »
Hi Petrov..Do you have a link to the decals? Can't find them on their site..Thanks

Hiya - I could not find them on the "e-Shop" this morning so apologies but I do not have the link. I just noted in the instructions on page 22 of the instructions it says "Lozenge Decals + mask of wing ribs available on HPH Web e-Shop"

I did send an email to them asking about this situation and to clarify.

For a kit that is this price, and that only includes a single marking scheme, I feel pretty negative that they are asking you to purchase additional items just to do that one scheme. To me, including the decal in the kit and having the masks as a separate purchase would have made more sense....
-Patrick

Offline Propuldude

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 07:55:20 AM »
Hi Petrov, Thanks..I totally agree with the decals costing extra. I'll still get them..LOL

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 11:04:15 PM »
Just ordered mine.
Any news back on the decals on their web site?

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
No response from them as yet unfortunately
-Patrick

Offline petrov27

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 01:11:26 AM »
Heard from them regarding the extra cost for the decal set:

These decals are made as a complementary set to the model.

Decals along with masks on ribs cost 17EURO.

They are up on the HPH eShop site now for 14.05 Euro so I am not sure about that cost - maybe they changed their mind since they emailed me back....
-Patrick

Offline Propuldude

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2017, 01:15:34 AM »
Hi Petrov,
           Tthanks for the update and follow through! Now on to gritting my teeth and baring my Credit Card.... :-\

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up - ordered last night for the UK.

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »
I received an email two days ago saying that my kit had been picked up by FedEx, should be here within the week.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2017, 07:32:06 PM »
Hi Des,
Mine arrived today.  The parts all bagged and bubble wrapped in separate box compartments.  The resin parts are very well made with no obvious warping or blow holes.  The kit comes with a PE set and decals, but only basic markings.  The lozenge camo is a masking set, although you can buy the extra decals.
Overall I'm very impressed and think it matches the Ansaldo A1 'Balilla' (from Aviattic) I received recently.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:17:12 PM by sandbagger »

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2017, 10:14:24 PM »
Hi Richard,
I admit it's not up to the Ansaldo, in both presentation or completeness (decals etc), but I think the resin mouldings are crisp and detailed enough to please most. The boxing, though basic, does at least have sections and bubble wrapped kit parts, which even Wingnut Wings don't do (plastic bags only).  Admittedly major items are not secured to boards for protection, as with the Ansaldo.
As a company who release various models, including custom models, they are up there with most top end kits, as you would expect given the cost of the kit plus extra for the optional decals.
However, it's not had that individual 'labour of love' given to your Ansaldo. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:19:48 PM by sandbagger »

Offline Propuldude

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 01:17:32 AM »
Richard,
         HPH may have beaten you to the punch on the Berg, But with the love and effort put into the Ballila, I can't wait to see your next endeavour...

Offline Russell

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 04:42:07 PM »
Richard,
         HPH may have beaten you to the punch on the Berg, But with the love and effort put into the Ballila, I can't wait to see your next endeavour...

I'll second that.

Offline Tnarg

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2017, 05:55:31 AM »
I have seen the Aviatik Berg kit in 1/72 scale with the Ukrainian "trident" insignia. Does anyone know of an actual photo of that plane in Ukrainian Galician Army insignia or of other definitive documentation of that scheme? I like the drawings a lot, and they'd be even better if the hex camo was as the actual prototype... but is it fantasy or reality? I have seen documentation that they used that plane, but not seen a photo.

Alternatively, that smoking skull insignia or even "Mizzi" on the side would look pretty nice in 1/32.

Tnarg

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 06:28:27 AM »
If you are going for alternative schemes, Che k your markings. The kit is a 138 series with top mounted guns and a large cockpit opening. Some of the 138 had internal guns with a small cockpit.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »
... and it has the front radiator, no side radiators.
I think it's easier to convert it into another series by changing the engine for a 200 hp or a 160 hp Daimler then to change all these things.
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.