Author Topic: 1/32 Fokker Dr1 Roden  (Read 2927 times)

Offline paulj,james

1/32 Fokker Dr1 Roden
« on: February 15, 2017, 05:50:19 AM »
Well here we go, this is the first time l have built a plane where everyone over the world will be able to follow my build. It might not be pretty as we go along , Tug you all Know his last build SE 5, when he see my models it’s the finished product  like the photos on the introduction  that he has seen, He has help me out last night ,and gave me some ever green plastic strips and l will give him some of the stitching  decals from  archer  when l get them.

Hello again
Well like you can see that l have done interior of the fuselage in the wood fairing area, also l have placed  Eduard's PE, detailing on fuselage at the tail were the control lines come out, also l have order the stitching  decals which are archer ,from a historex agents here in the  Uk , but they are waiting for them to come in it might slow me down on my build,
Thanks for your time  Paul
Hello again,
As you can see a bit more done, would be nice if this was a wingnut wings kit ,but not l would class this as 3rd class, it makes you work for it,

I used oil paint in the frame work area.

For the engine l used Vallejo - Model Air  and a wash of AK Interactive - Filter ,they are nice l used to just use oil paints ,but l think l will use these now.

I have just laid the frame work in side to see what it looks like ,but l will build it up like a wingnut wings kit,

Well there we are more, just started the seat redoing the harness from Eduard's heated them up make them softer to bend and lay better over the seat, that will be in the next up date , that you all for you last kind comments , Paul

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:08:36 AM by paulj,james »

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: 1/32 Fokker Dr1 Roden
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »
Great to see you have made a start to this build Paul, I'm sure that you are going to enjoy this kit, it has its flaws but nothing that can't be rectified quite easily, looking forward to more updates.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 01:07:40 AM »
Paul,
Sorry but I seemed to have missed this starting post! Nice start on the interior triangular wood framing! I am looking forward to fllowing along with your build.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 01:34:53 AM »
Looking forward to your progress on this build.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:12:34 AM »
That is a really good start Paul: do not worry if some things do not go as you would always wish - we all know of that experience! Just build the kit to the best of your ability and learn as you go along - that is what the rest of us do!!

Looking forward to following your progress.

Stephen.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 04:22:27 AM »
Nice to see you starting WWI modelling. It is just great to see this community getting larger and larger. And your fuselage looks very fine! I hope you have as much fun doing these old birds as the others here have!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 12:34:46 PM »
That is a really good start Paul: do not worry if some things do not go as you would always wish - we all know of that experience! Just build the kit to the best of your ability and learn as you go along - that is what the rest of us do!!

Looking forward to following your progress.

Stephen.

Stephen has said it very well Paul. Although some of the Roden kits can lead you on a merry chase I really enjoyed building this one, so build, learn, and above all else enjoy! ...... and I have found that sharing the experience here adds to the enjoyment. I'm very much looking forward to following your progression on this Build.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 05:38:28 AM »
Paul,

Your DR1 is coming along quite nicely. The Engine in particular looks great! One technical point is that although included in EVERY DR1 kit the Pump on the right side was not used in the DR1. There was a simple tube and valve running horizontally about midway up the frame. If you look at the ammo cans there is actually a cut out to allow this to pass beneath. No big deal as your pump looks great and most modelers use it, but thought you might like to know for future builds.

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=7627.45

RAGIII
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline paulj,james

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 04:47:11 AM »
 :( :-[ :(
Hello Chaps
Bad news ,my Fokker came the f--ker !! my frame work did not go well , but l have order another one off eBay, and it was  one third cheaper , but there will be another Fokker Dr1  but next time not a f--ker.
All the best Paul
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:09:10 AM by paulj,james »