Author Topic: Special Hobby Nieuport 10  (Read 2103 times)

Offline rolanddvi

Special Hobby Nieuport 10
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:59:02 PM »
Just saw that Special Hobby has released/is getting to release a 1/48 scale Nieuport 10. Here is a link from their website with part (?) of the instructions.

https://www.specialhobby.eu/out/media/100-SH48184.pdf

Mike

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Special Hobby Nieuport 10
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 01:02:56 PM »
Beautiful, hope they release a 1/32 scale version of it too   :D

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 04:03:52 AM »
I knew they would one day. I have the 1 seat nieuport 10 and there were a couple of extra parts that alluded to a 2 seat version.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »
I ordered mine here:  http://www.cmkkits.com/en/aircraft/nieuport-10-single-seater-version/
It came about 2 weeks ago, so I've had some time to look it over and I can tell you it's a very nice kit.  I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't have the early wing with the hole in it, but that's easy enough to do if I want to model that version.  Cockpit detail's a bit sparse, but again, that's no big deal.  There's an option for a Belgian plane with an aluminum doped finish, which I find totally bogus since Walter Pieters' book shows that very same plane in a CDL finish, which I believe is more accurate.
I built the single seater a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to building this one.

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline jamieg

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 03:41:42 AM »
It has taken Special Hobby so long to release this that I had just about given up hope on it. I am glad they finally got around to it.

Jamie

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
I built this new kit and it went together quite easily.  I did drill out the hole in the top wing to make the earlier version and it wasn't hard to do.  Minimual rigging for those who are looking for a relaxing build. 

Now tackling the AZ Models Gotha G.V which I can tell you isn't a relaxing build....
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo