Author Topic: new WNW Fokker D.VII coming  (Read 15808 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: new WNW Fokker D.VII coming
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 04:37:58 AM »
I think this picture is referred to:

Yes, that's the famous picture; supposedly the only known picture of a Berthold D.VII (though there seems to be more than a whiff of a chance that the D.VIIF of FvB-M seen above was ex-Berthold.)

There are wider shots where you can see the very Mercedes-like air pump at the front, and of course the guns appear to be in the lower position... so not an F at all imo.

As far a s I understand it, most of the controversy around this photo is to what extent -- if at all -- the nose is over painted with red. There are some that contend that it goes all the way back to the blue and the Fokker streaking is simply bleeding through. And on the other side, there are folks arguing that the nose isn't painted at all -- the metal panels are still Fokker green.

They say. Not me :) I have no opinion...

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2017, 04:57:30 AM »
Yay!

My Avatar is my favourite Fokker scheme (my old 1/6th scale RC)  ;D

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline macsporran

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2017, 09:06:56 AM »
Am I the only one that thinks the proportions of the background kite on the boxtop a little strange? Maybe it's the perspective of the shots or diffraction of the glass case or just my failing eyesight, but to me the nose looks far too long.

Also the Taube, whilst incredibly welcome, is represented by a build with bent pylons and exhaust pipes.

I'm delighted that we're seeing evidence of future releases, just commenting that these look like mock ups and test shots, rather than finished products.
S

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2017, 01:28:51 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks the proportions of the background kite on the boxtop a little strange? Maybe it's the perspective of the shots or diffraction of the glass case or just my failing eyesight, but to me the nose looks far too long.

Sorry I disagree. Actually looks pretty damn good to me:

Carrlson's highly regarded replica in flight:

tilted and compared to Steve Anderson's box painting:

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »
That looks more like TVAL's Gipsy Queen-powered Rousseau D.VII-65 at Omaka to me?

Excellent to see this coming out, I may be able to buy a D.VII new now!
Zac in NZ

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »
That looks more like TVAL's Gipsy Queen-powered Rousseau D.VII-65 at Omaka to me?

you're right ... my mistake ... gotta find another photo now. :/

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2017, 03:55:03 PM »
Well I dug around on the net for a good while but I can't find another decent picture of a D.VII from more or less that same angle. Found a great video of Mikael Carlsson stunting his D.VIIF replica which did nothing to change my mind. Anyway TVAL's Gipsy- powered D.VII is pretty well proportioned to my eyes and beyond that -- Steve Anderson can be found on Facebook, he's a regular guy, and if you want to take up your issues with the proportions in the painting you may as well do it directily with him.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »

you're right ... my mistake ... gotta find another photo now. :/

Try this one.
But if you disagree, that's fine by me. Each to his own opinion.
S

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 12:30:33 PM »
That's TVAL's Rousseau D.VII-65 before restoration  ;D
Zac in NZ

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
I think we'll find that it's simply WnW 32011 with new decals. . . Not that that's a BAD thing!! Surplus streaked camo decals to trick out that Roden Dr.I in your stash, and ordering WnW's 230 HP BMW sprue will get ya the equivalent of 32031, since early/late nose panels were already in 32011.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 02:58:48 AM »
I think we'll find that it's simply WnW 32011 with new decals. . . Not that that's a BAD thing!! Surplus streaked camo decals to trick out that Roden Dr.I in your stash, and ordering WnW's 230 HP BMW sprue will get ya the equivalent of 32031, since early/late nose panels were already in 32011.

Yes.  I think it's a re-pop, too, with 5 new sets of markings and the streaky camouflage decals and lozenge for the wings.  I'm glad of it, too.  Hope this is an indication that re-releases are to be the norm going forward.
Honor Necessity

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 03:19:25 AM »
I think we'll find that it's simply WnW 32011 with new decals. . .

Yes.  I think it's a re-pop, too, with 5 new sets of markings and the streaky camouflage decals and lozenge for the wings

more or less confirmed by Richard Alexander in a post by our RHWinter on facebook.  I won't repost it here though --

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2017, 09:04:26 AM »

Yes.  I think it's a re-pop, too, with 5 new sets of markings and the streaky camouflage decals and lozenge for the wings. I'm glad of it, too.  Hope this is an indication that re-releases are to be the norm going forward.

A very good sign, and hopefully you are correct in that Eric. I missed a few, and a second chance would be very welcome!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline petrov27

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:37 AM »
Agreed this is cool, though I am a little confused at marketing it as "early" - if it has the same sprue as the original Fok built DVII can you not build a early, mid and late from what is in the kit? Maybe the "early" is just regarding the decals provided?
-Patrick

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:43 AM »
Agreed this is cool, though I am a little confused at marketing it as "early" - if it has the same sprue as the original Fok built DVII can you not build a early, mid and late from what is in the kit? Maybe the "early" is just regarding the decals provided?

Just like the Albatros D.Va (OAW) -- which was identical to the Albatros D.Va kit except for decals.