Author Topic: Breguet from Belgium:a free paper card download in 1/72nd  (Read 3794 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

Breguet from Belgium:a free paper card download in 1/72nd
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:32:19 AM »
Hi All,

In between other projects, I found this neat little model that I'd love to build.  I have no French planes in my collection and this one will look great next to the other 2-seaters I have on the shelf.  If you are interested, here is the site I got it from:

http://landships.info/landships/models.html. 

There are mostly tanks etc. here, but a few planes as well.  I also downloaded some of the tanks and will report on them in the future.  Here is the "kit contents" shot!

Looks like fun.

Cheers,
Dan
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:13:52 AM by NinetythirdLiberator »

Re: Breguet from Belgium:a free paper card download in 1/72nd
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:59:24 PM »
A bit more tonight!  ;D

Moving along steadily!

Cheers and have a great week.

Dan

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 03:54:20 AM »
All,

I got the fuselage together.  It's only  a little wonky...not due to the design but my abilities.  Still...looks really neat to me. 

Wings tonight!

Dan

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:29:19 AM »
Very interesting watching this one go together, it is looking really good so far.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online malaula

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 06:47:36 AM »
Dan,what kind of glue do you use?and how do you apply pressure  to  the parts till they stick together,since the lashes are on the inside?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 07:53:12 AM »
Another question Dan, what gram weight paper do you use?

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »
Thanks, Everyone!

Malaula:  I use glue called Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue.  I had no luck with regular "Elmers" glue as it seemed to wet the paper too much.  This stuff dries fast and is plenty strong for the paper.  The parts just slide together and the fit is actually pretty tight.  So things tend to not need clamping.  If they do, I use some long tweezers.  It helped that the lower fuselage went on last so I could actually get into the body a bit.  Plus, it's put together in stages which makes it a bit easier.

Des:  It's 65 lb. or, I think, about 150 gram paper.  Seems to be plenty strong and yet easy to make the curves.

Got the wings made and the lower planes attached.  Looking good.  We'll see how putting on the top wing actually goes! ;-)  Oh! I also added the engine too!  8)

Thanks for the interest, support and looking,

Dan

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »
All,

Here she is as of tonight.  All the struts are doubled paper (65 lb. stock) except for the cabanes which are plastic.  It's all pretty true and plenty strong.  Ready for rigging!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 10:53:05 PM »
Very interesting and good looking plane, looks like a fun build.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 07:26:12 AM »
I missed quite a bit of your build but I have caught up now! Very impressive to date. I still don't know how you guys do such great models by folding up paper. I have enough trouble gluing together precision engineered plastic!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 04:37:48 PM »
All,

Thanks for the interest.  It's a really fun little kit to put together and a real complement to the designer!

Here she is rigged and some little details like guns and extra bracing struts added.  I flubbed some of the landing wires since they shouldn't connect from the apex of the cabane but rather where the cabane hits the fuselage.  I got that info too late and I fear I'll rip off the printed paper if I try to pull the elastic rigging off so they are staying as is! ;-)

The tiny paper guns, ring mount for the gunner and prop are surprisingly neat looking completely made out of paper in this scale.  My only complaints are the wheels look a little clunky so I may replace those with some from scratch AND I wish I'd done a complete interior. I didn't think it would turn out this nice...

Man, it's really cute!  All that's left are some final control cables and control horns and I'll call her complete.

Thanks for looking,

Dan

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 12:19:07 AM »
Very neat model Dan! By coincidence we've just had a fellow who models exclusively in this genre join our small IPMS Chapter Club here. It was all "new" to our group and very impressive, he does any subject but mostly Armour, and I'm amazed by the detail and intricacy of his models. I've enjoyed following your progress on this one.
Cheers,
Lance

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 05:12:50 AM »
Thanks so much, Lance.  I am really enjoying these paper models though I do miss painting them.  However, part of the "art", I figure, is using the paper "as is".  I too am amazed at how realistic some of these can look with skill.  I've seen lots of complicated armor, lovely 1/32nd WWII fighters etc. that really do give plastic a run for its money.  I even saw a 1/32nd Rumpler with complete engine, interior, rigging etc.  Man...I thought it was WNW!

Anyway, this one won't be the last as I just got downloads for a Gotha G-I and a Caudron G-4.  Watch this space!

Cheers and have a lovely day,
Dan