Author Topic: documentary on netflix "plane resurrection"  (Read 1149 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

documentary on netflix "plane resurrection"
« on: January 17, 2017, 02:49:52 AM »
flitting thru netflix docs i see one called "plane resurrection " it is a series with 6 episodes where a group of different vintage aircraft enthusists build replicas or rebuild vintage aircraft. the 2 most interesting to us would be the one on the dr.1 and stearman kaydet but there is a chap who found a battle of britain hurricane mk.1 who does a complete flight worthy restoration and a p-51 as well. they give you history albeit abbreviated but what was most intersting is watching the guys work on the dr.1 especially. granted it is a replica and the engine is modern but he 3-d printed 3 dummy rotary cyl to stick out of the bottom of the cowl. just wanted to mention this as all of the episodes were entertaining to watch. there may be more episodes to come as there were only 6 done and thats not a full season. enjoy

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: documentary on netflix "plane resurrection"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 05:23:39 AM »
I only found this series yesterday and watched the first two episodes last night, the Mustang and the Hurricane restorations. Very interesting to see how much time was involved just getting the old Hurricane out of India, red tape certainly delays the process big time.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline jknaus

Re: documentary on netflix "plane resurrection"
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »
My son told me about this last week, but I've been so busy with a course I haven't seen it. It sounds very interesting. Do they go to NZ by any chance ? Is the Dr.1 the one from Germany?
James