Author Topic: Any information about the interior of the LVG C II  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Borsos

Any information about the interior of the LVG C II
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
Hello,

I'd like to ask you for help: Can anybody give me some information about the interior of the LVG C II? There are some fine pics of an empty airframe in the WDF but it lacks the pilot's seat (seems to be something integrated in the main fuel tank...), the dashboard and all the other things that occupied the cockpit. I also know some interior shots of the Krakow LVG B II, but of course they changed much from the B to the C variant. I won't need every little detail as I portray a crashed aircraft, but some hints on the pilot's seat would be a great help. Once I wanted to cover up everything unknown by the crashed upper wing, but as things developed I'd like to portray something more of the cockpit... and there's another pic in the WDF that also shows a crashed airplane. It looks like another tank between engine and pilot compartment... Questions over questions...
Thank you in advance!

Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Any information about the interior of the LVG C II
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:13:14 AM »
When I get a chance I will look they my books for you my friend as well as other places.have you ever seen the ww1 aero magazine? If you goto the website and click on journal index tab you will see the drawing archive look thru that and maybe the is drawings of lvg c.11. This is a great resource.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 07:02:32 AM »
When I get a chance I will look they my books for you my friend as well as other places.have you ever seen the ww1 aero magazine? If you goto the website and click on journal index tab you will see the drawing archive look thru that and maybe the is drawings of lvg c.11. This is a great resource.

That's a highly valuable hint, thank you! Although there's no LVG C II interior information, there's plenty of other really fascinating stuff.

Gotha information, yes, of course, I'll throw an eye!

Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 11:00:05 PM »
Ww1 aero is my favorite aircraft periodical. They contain detail drawings as well as period scale prints and diagrams. It was designed for people who build replica and restorations of early aircraft but much is helpful to modelers like us. You can use that index to either trace which issue and after track one down or sometimes they can make you copies and mail to u

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 12:11:35 AM »
Ww1 aero is my favorite aircraft periodical. They contain detail drawings as well as period scale prints and diagrams. It was designed for people who build replica and restorations of early aircraft but much is helpful to modelers like us. You can use that index to either trace which issue and after track one down or sometimes they can make you copies and mail to u

... and many back issues are available as pdf downloads. They are $10 a pop -- not cheap -- but your money goes to support a good cause.