Author Topic: AZ models Gotha  (Read 1402 times)

Offline redsoldiergreen

AZ models Gotha
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:27:30 AM »
Hi all. Ive been lurking about for a while now  ,I think this is my first post.After many years marvelling at the fantastic builds on here Ive finally taken the plunge and ordered a AZ Models Gotha . Hope I can be forgiven for !/48th but I simply havent room for anything bigger!
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there are any aftermarket goodies available for this kit , or any good build logs online ? Ive ordered the Gotha along with the Mirage bomb sets as  I know this  kit has its drawbacks . Hopefully will document the build on this forum if the rules allow .
Cheers Martin

Offline redsoldiergreen

Re: AZ models Gotha
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 04:41:33 AM »
Excellent . Thank you ,I didnt see that one in my searches.  :D

Offline redsoldiergreen

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 07:46:10 AM »
Thanks again Red Baron ;D

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »
Forgiven for 1/48? There are modelers of all scales here not everyone has the room or the desire to build a meter long model aircraft. Personally for me it seems ludicrous but to each his own. I actually build all 3 main scales for different reasons. But I  also feel that 1/48 is ideal for most purposes. It's large enough to include some quite nice detail but not so large as to have to go so far with the visuals. 1/32 is great for fighters but to me a gotta in that scale is just too much of everything. I will be eager to see what you will do with the az  gotha

Offline Borsos

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 01:52:38 AM »
Also, PART make a Pe fret for the kit, but again you'll need to pick 'n choose from it.

Are you sure? There are PART sets for the Roden 1/72 Gothas, but afaik none for the 1/48 hippo/az. I've got that kit in my stash and had hoped I'd find a PART PE set, but I didn't. But I might be wrong...
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 04:34:39 AM »
... , although I may just be confused. It's happened before!
I know that just too well...
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 04:43:40 AM »
I think RB is thinking of the Fotocut set, may be hard to find these days

Offline redsoldiergreen

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:52:24 PM »
Thanks for the info gents . looks like it may take some time to get things together and from what ive read the kit can be a bit of a challenge .It wont be quick I think . cheers Martin :-\

Offline Borsos

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 10:25:57 PM »
Martin,
there are CMK resin engines around for that kit, but a fellow modeller who is building the Hippo Gotha told me that they were awfull. He does a lot of scratchbuilding just on the engines and uses only minor parts from the CMK sets.
If there's no PART set available, maybe you can use some generic PE sets for beezels, MGs and so on? If you like, I'll have a look at my stash, maybe there's a PART PE set for the Roden Gotha in 1/72 left. I could scan it for you and when you upsize it to 1/48 it might be of any use for scratchbuilding parts? Just let me know!
Best wishes
Borsos
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Offline redsoldiergreen

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 09:02:55 AM »
HI Borsos .  That s a kind offer. Ive never seen the Part set but if you think any of it could be useful to scale up I would appreciate it. Yes Ive been looking at various generic etched sets ,Ill probably get them all and just cherry pick the good bits . Quite looking forward to it really . Thanks to all. Martin  ;D

Offline Borsos

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 10:56:40 AM »
No problem, just PM me your E-Mail adress
Barbusse.
Remarque.