Author Topic: Hello from Portugal  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Belard

Hello from Portugal
« on: December 15, 2016, 07:26:11 PM »
Hello. I am Luis Belard, 56 years old, from Portugal as I say in the Title. More specifically I live in Parede, near Estoril, which some of you may recall because it has a motor racing circuit where a few years ago we had nice F1 races.
I did my bit of model building when I was young, a student and a bachelor (all at the same time!), and now that I managed to retire early :)) I decided to return to some of my early hobbies.
I feel not much has happened in these 30-odd years in the modelling world, but I rely on you nice folks to update me...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Hello from Portugal
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 08:07:33 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum Luis, I'm looking forward to your participation with the forum and its members, we some some very talented members and all are willing to share their knowledge, please feel free to ask any questions you like.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:30:40 PM »
Hi Luis.
Welcome in this forum, the best place for WWI planes.
I hope you will feel comfortable here.
In the last 30 years, some milestones in modelling came up that revolutionised our hobby.
Manni
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:05:29 PM by Manni »
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »
Hi Luis,
 Welcome to the forum.
If it's updating you need then you have come to the right place.

Enjoy!!

von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:45:40 AM »
    Welcome to the Forum Luis, you'll soon get caught up to the considerable developments and progress in the Hobby by your membership here. I look forward to your contributions!
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 01:13:57 AM »
Welcome and as the others said you will find many answers to questions about updates in the Hobby from 30 years ago. In our Niche, Edaurd, Roden, Special Hobby, Wing Nut Wings, PE(it was around 30 years ago but really came into its own since then), Resin kits, Aviattic Decals and kits, Gaspatch Models, Copper State, WW1 resin figures, and 3d printed details! So look around and ask questions, they will be answered!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 01:34:25 AM »
Welcome aboard, Luis!  As Rick (RAGIII) has pointed out, this hobby has evolved dramatically in the past 30 years.  You'll enjoy all the new products and technology.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 05:01:25 AM »
Hello Luis and welcome. As others have suggested, I'm sure you'll be very pleasantly surprised by what the last thirty years have brought to this area of the modelling world.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Monty

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 06:47:46 AM »
Good to have you on the site, Luis! I'm sure you will find lots of information and inspiration on the site! The hobby has evolved a lot, look out for the helpful tips and techniques to make your modelling easier and better! Regards, Marc.