Author Topic: Gotha Gone!  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Re: Gotha Gone!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »
Glad to have ordered a second one some month ago. I just love this kit. I will definitely buid it with a lot of AM Goodies, the Copperstate ground personnel and some Kellerkind Miniaturen as the plywood/CLD version with the Stoßfahrgestell shown in the Gotha datafile.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
Glad to have ordered a second one some month ago. I just love this kit. I will definitely buid it with a lot of AM Goodies, the Copperstate ground personnel and some Kellerkind Miniaturen as the plywood/CLD version with the Stoßfahrgestell shown in the Gotha datafile.
Bye,
Manni

I am really looking foreward to this one, Manni!!

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 07:32:07 PM »
Richard, I promiss you. It might not be my next build, but it is on my top 3 todo list.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 10:45:00 PM »
Wingnut Wings taught me to be patient...

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 10:59:36 PM »
It's official.  The WNW Gotha is now Sold Out.

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3006

Eric

I feel sorry for those who missed this one. But me, personally I will not shed a single tear for it. Not my topic at all.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 11:48:45 PM »
Too big for me to display but it's such an icon I've come close to pressing "buy" many times. Not many subjects left in their inventory compared to just a year or so back.......... glad I have a reasonable stash and nearly all of the Kits I wanted!
Cheers,
Lance

Online James

Gotha Gone!
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 04:20:43 AM »
Glad I got mine not that long after it came out. That was my first Wingnut Wings kit.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 03:06:34 PM »
I wonder how many of these were produced. Must not have been a lot. Haven't seen many built. Such a white elephant in my eyes....

Offline Borsos

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »
I wonder how many of these were produced. Must not have been a lot. Haven't seen many built. Such a white elephant in my eyes....
You are right when it comes to the kits being built. But I think many people have one in their stash (on the "sometimes, when I have very much time, I'll build this one"-list)...  :)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 12:14:21 AM »
I had one almost finished when the lamp I was using to light the area fell off the shelf and on to the Gotha, destroying it.  I bought another one, but knew I would never get the motivation to build another one.  Seeing it gone, I wish I had one in the stash, "just in case."
I doubt we will ever see WNW come through with any of their "High Tech" kits.  They have been around now almost 9 years and all we have seen is "Sold Out" with no sense of direction, another run or anything of that sort. 
I have the WWI kits I want and have drifted away from the WWI side of the hobby this past year, but will be building WWI again as it has become my preferred aircraft genre.  The Felixstowe Dualists kit beckons, but; that is about it is doing now.
I have seen two Gotha's built and it is a very impressive model when completed.  We still have to see what WNW does in the coming months.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2016, 07:55:10 PM »
I've had this one in my virtual shopping cart a few times as I like the aircraft very much. However, it is simply too big, so it'll never be built... Like the Felixstowe, I'll stick with my 1/72 Roden kits :)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »
Too big for me to display but it's such an icon I've come close to pressing "buy" many times. Not many subjects left in their inventory compared to just a year or so back.......... glad I have a reasonable stash and nearly all of the Kits I wanted!
Cheers,
Lance

I have done the same thing Lance, many times and for the same reason! Just couldn't justify spending that much for something I was not likely to build.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 02:23:35 AM »
All the April fools models are now sold out (finally). Glad to have 2 Gothas in the stash along with Ron's G.V conversion set...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 03:47:43 AM »
It is sad to see the Gotha go the way of the Dodo but we must remember and always keep it in the back of our mind that ALL the Wingnut kits are on the endangered list, they are limited run kits so will all end up in the sold out list sooner or later, some sooner than others.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com