Author Topic: Eduard SE5a  (Read 4060 times)

Offline markleecarter

Eduard SE5a
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:16:14 PM »
I'm not sure if the link will work but I saw Eduard had posted a couple of pictures on Facebook showing a test mould for the upcoming SE5a in 1/48. It's hard to make much out but it looks interesting!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/EduardCompany/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1473573795990896

Offline zavod44

Re: Eduard SE5a
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 06:55:47 AM »
 Not my topic at all. Not my scale...

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 09:21:25 AM »
The Eduard SE5a is certainly my topic and my scale so I'll welcome the kit when it's released. I just hope they devote the same attention to detail and accuracy as they now give to their WW2 and modern subjects.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:30:52 PM »
Very much looking forward to it. I've made quite a few Eduard kits in 1/72 and a couple in 1/48 and they're very good in general.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline markleecarter

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 09:43:51 PM »
I'm currently building their Sopwith Camel in 1/48 which is quite enjoyable but I'm sure the SE5 will be better. I was very very impressed with the 1/48 Spitfire range they have been releasing over the last couple of years. Also I like the way they engineer the possibility of their aftermarket additions into the base model so in most cases it is really easy to add for example their resin cockpits or engines with minimal or no modifications to the kit.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 10:55:07 PM »
Although I quit 1/48 and 1/72 scale I had build enough Eduard kits to be able to say that they are actually great kits and a joy to build. I never had difficulties when I built an Eduard kit. They are first rate, top engineered kits made on the highest standards. And I am sure that their Se5a won't be an exception.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 03:25:42 AM »
I have two Roden SE5a's in the stash, a Hisso and a Viper, but now I think I'll hold off on them and buy the Royal Class SE5a from Eduard.  It's certain to be a far better engineered kit than the Roden.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Brez

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 06:47:30 AM »
Someone on one of the modelling forums wrote that he thought the Eduard Spitfire IX was like Tamiya's 1/32nd one scaled down to 1/48th.
This is what I'm hoping for with the SE5a (substitute Wingnut Wings for Tamiya). As much as I like Roden's SE5a (see my avatar), I've got a jar of PC10 ready and waiting for the Eduard release  :).

Cheers,
Tony

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »
Not interested in the kit , but I'm very happy that Eduard is coming out with a new WW 1 kit  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 07:16:44 PM »
I have two Roden SE5a's in the stash, a Hisso and a Viper, but now I think I'll hold off on them and buy the Royal Class SE5a from Eduard.  It's certain to be a far better engineered kit than the Roden.
Cheers,
Bud
I too have those two Roden kits and I've just got a set of decals from Pheon for them. I shall still get the Eduard one when it comes out.

Online rolanddvi

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 12:13:42 PM »
Just saw this posted in the Eduard Newsletter for January about the upcoming SE.5a. First boxing out in March 2017!

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2017/info-eduard-2017-01EN.pdf

Mike

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 01:38:46 PM »
I saw this also.  I'm glad Eduard is making another WWI SE.  Since they've gone to mostly WWII and oil burners they've more or less neglected our little corner of the modeling spectrum.  They also mention that later this year they'll be making a Fokker D.VII in 1/72.  I'm looking interested to know whether they'll continue coming out with WWI subjects.  Their 1/48 WWI models are pretty much mainstream but much better made than their earlier production which I think was just a vehicle for their photoetch materials.  The quality certainly has improved.

Offline timpivonka

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:53 PM »
I thought they had mentioned in a newsletter a few years back that they were going to try to come out
with a new WW1 kit for each year of the WW1 Centennial.  I.E. one each for 2014,2015,2016,2017, and 2018.  I don't know if they have done that or not.  What year was the Siemens Schuckert released?  Do any other recent releases fall within these parameters?

Tim Pivonka

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 05:56:07 PM »
  What year was the Siemens Schuckert released?  Do any other recent releases fall within these parameters?

Tim Pivonka
Tim, according to this it originates from 1993 and was a new tooling in 2014.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/260567-eduard-8256-ssw-d-iii
It's a very useful site especially if not seen it before.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 01:00:25 AM »
I thought they had mentioned in a newsletter a few years back that they were going to try to come out
with a new WW1 kit for each year of the WW1 Centennial.  I.E. one each for 2014,2015,2016,2017, and 2018.  I don't know if they have done that or not.  What year was the Siemens Schuckert released?  Do any other recent releases fall within these parameters?

Tim Pivonka

Hi Tim,
yes, I had read that too. But as far as I know they were seriously delayed by the bad critics they received for their Bf-109 G. So from late 2015 they reworked this kit fundamentally and fixed al the faults there. this crushed their plans regarding the WWI related releases. The Siemens Schuckert of 1993 and the one of 2014 have nothing in common besides of the same real aircraft. The 2014 kit is a completely new tooled kit. Let's cross the fingers that Eduard's managing to release all their planned WWI kits, even if they are not all released until 2018!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.