Author Topic: Eduard SE5a  (Read 4020 times)

Offline timpivonka

Re: Eduard SE5a
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 07:20:09 AM »
Thanks for the info.  So we know for sure that they released one each corresponding to '14 and now the Se5a corresponding to '17.   And I can see how the Bf 109 G-6 kerfluffle set them back.  We can only keep our fingers crossed for new kits corresponding to '15,'16 and '18.

Tim Pivonka

Offline xmald

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 06:25:51 AM »
But still the new tool SSW is not as good as expected  :(
Ihad pre-ordered the kit because it was one of my all time favourites and I was rather disapointed. The rib tapes are crude, the engine made me laugh... It`s not a bad kit but I can only hope their SE5 will be much better.  ;)
Best regards
Filip

Offline Borsos

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 07:21:42 AM »
But still the new tool SSW is not as good as expected  :(
Ihad pre-ordered the kit because it was one of my all time favourites and I was rather disapointed. The rib tapes are crude, the engine made me laugh... It`s not a bad kit but I can only hope their SE5 will be much better.  ;)

Yes and afaik eduard agrees here too. They left several production steps on the SSW to other producers that didn't what eduard had expected. They aren't happy with it neither.  But I think it's better than the old SSW anyway ;)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 09:10:13 PM »
According to the latest Eduard info the SE5a is due on the 1st of March.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 11:59:29 AM »
According to Eduard Info , January 17, Mr Vladimír Šulc, wrote that the SE5a is
 "..with respect to tools and moulds – practically ready. During December, 2016 we tested and almost completely ne- tuned the tools and over next week will submit the instructions and boxes to the print shop for the very first edition of this kit, which is the Pro PACK edition of the SE.5a with the Wolseley Viper engine. Decals are printed, masks are cut, and the PE is etched. This kit will arrive in the shops on March 1st, 2017. This model is nice and I think it well illustrates the path we chose to travel over these past 25 years. BTW.....guess who the author of the boxart is. Your guess can be sent to my e-mail at [email protected] before midnight on January 5th. The rst correct guess will receive from me the very rst SE.5a in 1/48 scale by Eduard. This edition, of course, will not be the last boxing of the SE.5a. In May, we are going to release a Royal Class package with two kits, one with the Wolseley Viper engine and the other with the Hispano Suisa. August will see the Pro PACK kit with the Hispano Suisa engine. Weekends of both versions will be released in 2018. "

This is great news. I fervently hope the 1/72 Fokker D.VII follows soon after.

Cheers

Syd