Author Topic: Hello from San Antonio, TX  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Reuben Hernandez

Hello from San Antonio, TX
« on: November 27, 2016, 03:24:39 AM »
Recently discovered this site purely by chance when I was searching for reviews and suggestions on how to get started building WWI model airplanes.

I'm not new to building models (32nd WWII) just new to WWI era planes. I'm always looking for a new challenge in model building be it in new building techniques, painting techniques or in this case the challenge of rigging.

The urge struck me while watching the movie Flyboys and realizing I don't know squat about The Great War and worse yet my grandfather fought in this war and I'm embarrassed that I know little to nothing of this war.

So I learn by researching the planes, the pilots, the fighter groups, the battles...So I figured building planes of this era would be the best way to learn as much as I can about these brave aviators.

So I'm looking forward to visiting this informative site for everything related to this type of building and getting to know the various and informative people on this site.

Thanks
Reuben

Offline James

Hello from San Antonio, TX
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 03:57:49 AM »
Hi Reuben,

Welcome. I'm also from and still live in San Antonio. Nice to have spmeone here from San Antonio. Everyone here is willing to help and answer any questions you may have. You will NOT find a friendlier and helpful site anywhere. Des runs perhaps the fibest site anywhere and the guys and gals on here are the best.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Hello from San Antonio, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 06:52:54 AM »
Hello Reuben and welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to seeing your WW1 builds and please feel free to ask as many questions as you wish, the forum has many very talented members and all are willing to share their knowledge.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IanB

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 08:37:51 AM »
Welcome aboard Reuben. I'm looking forward to seeing your builds. Feel free to ask any questions you have, there is bound to be someone here who can help!

Ian

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »
Welcome to the site Reuben , glad to have you here with the rest of the kinder folks here .  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 01:02:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Reuben!  Please feel free to ask any question you like.  I assure you that we are all more than eager to share our passion with anyone who will listen.  ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 02:47:21 AM »
Hi Reuben! You are more than welcome! There is plenty on the site to keep you busy - I find it a wonderful resource! Regards, Marc

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 10:17:07 AM »
Hello and welcome Reuben. I hope you enjoy the switch to WWI and suspect you'll be here a very long time, it grows on you!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »
Hello Reuben, have alot of fun and inspiration here. I think there is no question regarding WWI planes, that could not be answered here.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Reuben Hernandez

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 01:18:14 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcoming. Looking forward to my first build, the Roden Dr.1 as suggested by members from Large Scale Planes and especially from here.

Looking forward to the challenges of rigging and everything involved in this type of build.

Reuben

Offline JCoatney

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 03:42:29 AM »
Welcome Reuben,

I'm from San Antonio and miss it dearly.  I look forward to seeing your builds here. You may already know this, but there's a large and active IPMS chapter in San Antonio- the Alamo Squadron.

Best,

Jim Coatney

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »
Welcome to the best Forum on the Net!  Like all of the others have indicated you will find this a very friendly and informative group of modelers. Ask away when your build starts. We will be happy to help!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 05:11:56 AM »
 Reuben,
Welcome aboard my friend from just north of you in Killeen. Looking forward to seeing your projects posted here shortly. One thing for certain you'll enjoy this the greatest of all forums in the known universe. Not to mention our awesome members as well.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"