Author Topic: Aviatik Berg D.I  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Aviatik Berg D.I
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 06:14:20 AM »
Although being a strict Western-Front modeller (until now), this one looks really mouth watering...
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »
Nice.  The link also shows the fuselage framework and engine.  We wants it precious.

Offline Derrick

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 10:15:10 AM »
I like the look of this aircraft and have the datafile for it. Just wonder what it will cost and what the quality will be like. Think someone reviewed another kit from them, but were not overly positive about it, can't remember which. Think it was one of the seaplanes.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 10:57:43 AM »
I like the look of this aircraft and have the datafile for it. Just wonder what it will cost and what the quality will be like. Think someone reviewed another kit from them, but were not overly positive about it, can't remember which. Think it was one of the seaplanes.

It will be expensive! I have their Macchi M5, it has some issues but it is exquisite all the same. I will definitely be in line for the Berg.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 01:03:34 AM »
Here's Des' build log of the HpH Macchi M5. You'll see he is quite frank about the kit's flaws, but you will also see that he managed to build it out to a stunningly gorgeous model:

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=5904.0

Offline Monty

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 04:36:50 AM »
Very, very nice! May be a bit pricey, but welcome...
Regards,
Marc

Offline Derrick

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 06:29:22 AM »
I do like the look of the aircraft and would like to add it to the stash one day, although with the release of the camel it will be put off further. Thanks for the link Bo, I think I will wait to see if someone else tackles this first. In a moment of madness, I had preordered the Aviattic Ansaldo "Balilla" (along with some other stuff) and that will be my first resin kit to be built. It is also the most I have ever spent on an overseas order, hopefully nothing will come up needing cash  :P (Camels not included). Also glad I don't smoke or drink.  :P

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 08:22:29 AM »
In a moment of madness, I had preordered the Aviattic Ansaldo "Balilla"

Madness!? That was the sanest thing you've ever done ;D