Author Topic: Working on 'Ready Rig'  (Read 3234 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Working on 'Ready Rig'
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 11:05:03 PM »
but the concept of ready rig could pull some other guys who wouldnt otherwise tread into ww1 aero

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 07:02:34 AM »
I don't know how the opinions are lining up Bob but I for one have NEVER screwed up the courage to try your tubes and anchors. This idea with one end ready to go just might be my ticket  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 04:11:02 AM »
Go for it, Robert...why not? However you opt to proceed, I vote yea....I'm in the geriatric camp so wouldn't be too proud to seek the odd short cut...(have you thought about using the Modelkasten line?...love that stuff...slightly elastic...stretches nicely.)             -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 07:46:33 AM »
Hi Doug,
 Many thanks for your encouraging words.   ;)
I have just splashed out on some MK line, but the thing ships from Japan, so I doubt I will be seeing it anytime soon... but you never know!

Watch this space  8)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline jknaus

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 04:50:32 AM »
I'm sorry I'm way late on this but I have given it some thought. I really like the idea, but I think it would be unworkable and economically unfeasible. Having said that though how about a modified Ready Rig idea. Sell packets with the correct number of eyelets and barrels and pieces of "wire" plus an extra one or two of each by aircraft. So lets say a W.12 would have 3 pieces of "wire", 6 eyelets, and 6 barrels for the float bracing. Or lets say a Pfalz D.III would have maybe 22 pieces of "wire", and then eyelets and barrels plus a couple. Then a person gets what they are looking for in a neat little package and the work load on you would be only marginally more. You could even do cockpit kits. I am sure everyone here would be more than happy to give you parts counts and approximate lengths to make these kits.
Anyways that is just my thoughts on the matter.
James

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 08:15:52 AM »
Bob,
I forgot to mention that if you pursue this my preference would have been for mono. That being said I would give the other a try... Perhaps  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »
I'm on the fence with this one.  I am not sure if this would be commercially viable given the time to construct the sets, especially for bespoke orders.  However if you get sufficient demand, then why not?

I prefer to use the elements separately.  A dab of CA accidentally touching the wrong part of the "ready rig" when fitting could cause problems, as I have found to my cost when trying to fix ready-threaded eyelets into the wing locating holes!