Author Topic: 1/72nd LVG CVI  (Read 3580 times)

WarrenD

1/72nd LVG CVI
« on: October 10, 2016, 10:22:32 AM »
If this was previously posted, forgive me, but I don't remember seeing it.

I'm looking forward to this one:

http://www.kovozavody.cz/en/1459-2/#more-1459

Warren

Offline RAGIII

Re: 1/72nd LVG CVI
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:19:26 PM »
That looks awesome Warren. If I built in this scale I would surely have to get one!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:24:59 AM »
Completely out of the blue! This would be fanastic. Thanks for the heads up, Warren.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 03:18:58 AM »
Ardpol make an excellent LVG C1V already in 1/72.Why did they not make something not modelled before? Never the less anything newin 1/72 is  always welcome.Thank's for the post Warren. 

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 03:27:39 AM »
I have just learned, that the new kit is the result of some cooperaton between Ardpol and KP. Possibly an injection version of the original resin. And as such it is welcome!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 05:03:30 AM »
Because, there are many people who do not want to mess with resin. Resin has its own problems and issues when it comes to assembly. Just my opinion though.

Warren

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 12:12:02 AM »
It looks very nice I will probably get one to do in Czech camo . Although 1/48 Is my favorite I like to build all 3 main scales. I like 1/48 for most times because it's large enuff to add a good amount off nice detail yet small enuff to display many modes.1/32 lends to super detailing but there's not that many kits and too big for me(although wnw  had changed that a bit) .1/72 Is fun for me to do  a quick build and there are so many types in 1/72 I can build oddball craft and not take up a ton of space.

Offline steveb

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 07:42:37 AM »
It was apparently released in March, but I'm having a hard time finding a distributor.

Steve

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 08:04:30 AM »
I see that Roll Models them available to order on their website and at a very good price. No affiliation with Roll Models just passing along information.

http://www.rollmodels.net/standard/catalog-newstuff.htm

Mike

Offline steveb

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 09:42:00 AM »
Wow, thanks, Mike!

Steve

Offline malaula

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 11:20:29 PM »
I have acquiered the german version lately.The parts look quite good so far,but I'm a bit concerned about the marking options: One is the prototype,with wooden fuse and two-colour camo on the flying surfaces.This is as far as I know the only LVG CVI without lozenge covered wings.The other option features 2 colour -camo allover ,a black 7 on a red band plus a white arrow.Researching this I found what I believe is the source for that scheme in Kenneth Munson's Bomber 1914-19 book,London 1968. In my oppinion this is highly questionable given the fact that  the cover of the other Munson book Kampfflieger 1914-18 features a Fokker D VIII with wing ribs...well, we all know the wings were plywood ...
What do you think?

Offline steveb

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 01:23:06 PM »
I have acquiered the german version lately.The parts look quite good so far,but I'm a bit concerned about the marking options: One is the prototype,with wooden fuse and two-colour camo on the flying surfaces.This is as far as I know the only LVG CVI without lozenge covered wings.The other option features 2 colour -camo allover ,a black 7 on a red band plus a white arrow.Researching this I found what I believe is the source for that scheme in Kenneth Munson's Bomber 1914-19 book,London 1968. In my oppinion this is highly questionable given the fact that  the cover of the other Munson book Kampfflieger 1914-18 features a Fokker D VIII with wing ribs...well, we all know the wings were plywood ...
What do you think?

I do not know about about the accuracy of the the camo, but I surely understand what you are saying. I think that I may tend to lean towards lozenge & markings from other sources. I am, however a bit concerned about  the "out of scale" ribtapes or whatever on the struts. They appear to have been carried over from the Arpol patterns.

Steve

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 02:13:58 PM »
I would use WNW or Datafiles for colour/markings options. That little Munson book is completely spurious. And the tapes on the struts should just be sanded off in this scale, or you could use thick paint

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/