Author Topic: WNW Camel at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show  (Read 11953 times)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: WNW Camel at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
It must be a DR.1.....?    ;D

von LivinginHope

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline macsporran

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 08:13:21 PM »
Please, Edgar, not another bl**dy Dr.I. We've got them in every possible scale from 1/144 to 1/8!
There were less than 400 of the real damn things and the Roden kit is perfectly good in 1/32 scale. The market must be super-saturated by now.
Please, please upscale your beautiful Dolphin to 1/32 and put me down for a couple. I'll sit them proudly beside my Roden tripes!
S

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
If it's an Ilya Muromets in 1:32 scale you can put me down for one right now, what a superb, but big, model it would be.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »
I'm underwhelmed.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
Let's try a little smaller and go with a Etrich Taube or a Hansa Brandenburg W20, or a Halberstadt CLII and and and....
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Borsos

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 10:45:55 PM »
Let's try a little smaller and go with a Etrich Taube or a Hansa Brandenburg W20, or a Halberstadt CLII and and and....

Oh yes, Edgar, A Halberstadt Cl II or IV in 1/32 would be great!  :) :) :)
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 11:20:41 PM »
Please, Edgar, not another bl**dy Dr.I. We've got them in every possible scale from 1/144 to 1/8!
There were less than 400 of the real damn things and the Roden kit is perfectly good in 1/32 scale. The market must be super-saturated by now.
Please, please upscale your beautiful Dolphin to 1/32 and put me down for a couple. I'll sit them proudly beside my Roden tripes!
S

That would work for me although I think a Dolphin would be risky.It is mainstream enough WNW may do one someday.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 12:22:18 AM »
Thanks guys for 1/48 support)
and we are doing 1/32 scale kit, ;)

Well Edgar, you've opened the floodgates with that comment!! What exciting and encouraging news, and given the superb reviews of your recent 1:48 products I expect nothing short of great success for any 1:32 Kit you produce. This is just great news, I don't want to appear a "dreamer" with speculation about the possible subject of this project, but a Dolphin or a French subject would be welcome here!
   Kudos to Copper State, your recent efforts have done much to stimulate the hobby, and this is "frosting on the cake"! :) :) :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 12:32:36 AM »
S

That would work for me although I think a Dolphin would be risky.It is mainstream enough WNW may do one someday.
RAGIII

That is the reason to do the Dolphin in 1/28 as a companion to the 1/28 N. 28 you "previewed" to us not too long ago; and You already have a marvelous 1/28 Hisso engine !!!

ED
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 12:35:58 AM »
Nieuport XI or XVII would be most welcome in 1/32   ;)

vB

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Borsos

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 03:39:02 AM »
Nieuport XI or XVII would be most welcome in 1/32   ;)

vB

I am so terribly sorry for disagreeing in this single point with Bob, but there are the Special Hobby and A-Model kits. And because there are so many fascinating (especially) French subjects out there (Nieuport 12, Caudron G. 4, the Voisin bomber family from the III to the X, Farmans, Morane Saulnier BB, MS P, and and and) I think we wouldn't need another Nieuport 11/16 but something that isn't available as a kit at all.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:15 AM »

RAGIII
[/quote]

That is the reason to do the Dolphin in 1/28 as a companion to the 1/28 N. 28 you "previewed" to us not too long ago; and You already have a marvelous 1/28 Hisso engine !!!

ED
[/quote]
Ed, the model is ready, we are still thinking when to do it)) and should we, or not)
[/quote]

I know it is a risk, but it would make a nice pair ( with your quality) and a follow-up to the old Revell kits and your details for them. Plus no competition .

Ed

Offline zavod44

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 05:58:05 AM »
S

and not one of those kits are worth a crap.....Put me down for four good DR 1's  I don't want any obscure french planes, and I wouldn't even think about a dolphin......

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 08:49:44 AM »
[
S
[/quote]

and not one of those kits are worth a crap.....Put me down for four good DR 1's  I don't want any obscure french planes, and I wouldn't even think about a dolphin......
[/quote]

Au contraire, there are a substantial number of aces ( US, AUST, Br, NZ, Can, Irish, SA) that flew the Dolphin and as per the Ospery book, lots of color schemes; and it was  an airplane well respected by the Germans.

So for Edgar (as Rick has said it pretty mainstream and TVAL had a hand in restoring the one that is now in the RAF Museum) to do one in 1/32 is risky, but if you do one do it quick before the Big Gorilla does. Be First, be better, be cheaper or be the only one ( thus my reasoning on 1/28 and the existing 1/28 engine)   Needless to say which ever scale Edgar chooses I'll line up to go beside my (his) 1/48.

As for the DR 1, WNW will eventually fulfill your desires

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »
S

We're singing from the same prayer sheet, my friend! Bring on a decent DR.1

Ripple Von Triple

Last Minute Man Of Faith