Author Topic: Adventures in the pursuit of plastic  (Read 1622 times)

Offline smperry

Adventures in the pursuit of plastic
« on: July 30, 2016, 05:16:54 AM »
With my birthday coming up next week and a pocket full of overtime pay, i set out to nail down a WnW DH.2 while the gettins still good. I found it available and started tapping at the keys in hopes of making one mine. After much filling out of fields answering more questions than a 6 year old can ask when you are busy, i hit complete order. AAATTT, Penalty buzzer. Unable to process order. Recheck, re-complete order, penalty buzzer again.....4 times. I gave up. Got a call from the bank. Questionable transactions. 30 min on the phone to ensure my debit card wasnt blocked and the transaction would clear. Back to the DH.2 page and another round of 20 questions with some piece of software whos author should still have a burning sensation in his ears. Hit complete order and finally scored one WnW DH.2. Expected xelivery date...my birthday.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline RAGIII

Re: Adventures in the pursuit of plastic
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 05:35:45 AM »
You probably should be happy that your bank is looking after your interests! I think my Bank would allow anything to get by. Congrats on scoring the DH2. My replacement for the one I sold arrived yesterday.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Adventures in the pursuit of plastic
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
Excellent news SP, appears you are in for a really good birthday.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com