Author Topic: Meng FT 17 1:16 Diorama  (Read 20337 times)

Offline Edo

Re: Meng FT 17 1:16 Diorama
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »
Thank you! All of you! You appreciation Is an enormuos encuragement!
Borsios, Manny, thank you very much, really appreciated! I agree with you: scratch building is very rewarding and results are unique! if only my skills and patience were up to my dreams and expectations! .... ::)
Anyway I invite everione interested in diorama to give  it a try: there are so much easily avilable references on the net, and from so much more skilled modeller than me, that is easy to get the inspiration and 'steal' some ideas and tricks!

Ciao
Edo

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2016, 08:22:13 PM »
Wow! Your brickwork is amazing. I look forward to seeing the whole thing, with the tank finished.

Offline Edo

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2016, 08:24:01 PM »
A full month has passed, and now here I am with the completed diorama!
As already said, it was a pleasant build, but far too big for me to keep the mojo going...so it is with mixed emotion that I present it to you.
Anyway, a proud french tankman had a breakdown (no petrol? no oil?). Lukily it as near what once was a bistrot and he was lucky enought to find a chair and a table still standing. So he paused there waitng for his comerade to come back with some petrol to get going again. But let's the pictures talk!  ;)

Hope you like it!!  :D

ciao
Edo
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:28:19 PM by Edo »

Online RAGIII

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2016, 08:46:30 PM »
Beautiful results! The details are outstanding. It all works for me! I will need to take a lot of time to pick out all of the little things, like the water streaming from the broken pipe.
Well Done!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2016, 09:38:30 PM »
EDO!
Wow, that's just breathtaking! There are two kinds of dioramas on the world: one kind is just a collection of models, beautifully build models, but "just" models arranged in a more or less realistic way. And that's all. The other kind of dioramas have this true sense of art, this special thing that separates the men from the boys, the true artists from the amateurs. Your works definitely belong to this second group. This eye for special details, this sense for telling a story just with little things, this special feeling of sadness and of an epoque that is lost forever (the family pic on the wall...) the sad, shocked eyes of the tanker, the touching will to keep a kind of normality in spite of all the signs of death and destruction... Just incredible, I can't stop looking at it. Chapeau, Edo, you are a real master! I am blown away.
Best wishes
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2016, 10:07:20 PM »
Superb Edo, the pictures look great, but I am sure they do not do your handiwork justice.  Take a vow Maestro.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:05:37 AM by Juan »

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 03:58:34 AM »
Borsos has written it better than I could. I agree with all that he has written - this is truly a work of art - much more than a model. Outstanding is a major understatement.

Stephen.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »
EDO!
Wow, that's just breathtaking! There are two kinds of dioramas on the world: one kind is just a collection of models, beautifully build models, but "just" models arranged in a more or less realistic way. And that's all. The other kind of dioramas have this true sense of art, this special thing that separates the men from the boys, the true artists from the amateurs. Your works definitely belong to this second group. This eye for special details, this sense for telling a story just with little things, this special feeling of sadness and of an epoque that is lost forever (the family pic on the wall...) the sad, shocked eyes of the tanker, the touching will to keep a kind of normality in spite of all the signs of death and destruction... Just incredible, I can't stop looking at it. Chapeau, Edo, you are a real master! I am blown away.
Best wishes
Borsos

My thoughts exactly, a superb effort with stunning results.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IanB

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2016, 08:02:03 AM »
I can't add much to what has akready been said....masterful! The little details like the water pipe and the pic on the wall give it a wonderful realism.
Bravo!

Ian

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2016, 01:09:38 PM »
Truly mind blowing diorama, Edo!  Andreas has said it all so eloquently, I have nothing more to add.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Edo

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you!  :D
Your comments are really appreciated! Borsos, you have been so much more than kind, my friend!

Thank you again,
ciao
Edo

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »
Absolutely outstanding! Like Borsos said, you can feel something when you look at your dio. It makes the viewer thinking about the horror of war, without using dead bodies or injured people.
Great!
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2016, 04:22:08 AM »
Marvelous, Edo, just marvelous....a wonderful work of art indeed.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2016, 04:37:39 AM »
It could also be said that you captured a hint of aviation with your man looking skyward as though hearing an approaching aircraft. So much to imagine and interpret. I'm with Borsos....can't stop looking at it.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Edo

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2016, 04:00:42 PM »
Doug, I haven't thought of that but, indeed, it could be!  :D
Thank you again, all of you!
much appreciated, indeed!
ciao
Edo