Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Camel marking  (Read 8511 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Wingnut Wings Camel marking
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 03:46:04 AM »
...........and the plot thickens! That's three distinct schemes published by Wingnut Wings, two to go using Ed's logic and then hope for several versions and/or After Market Decal Sets. Hopefully to arrive sooner rather then later!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 05:51:13 AM »
 For some reason I think it is 4 now, as Watson is a KIWI but Kindley is not the American I would have chosen, have to see if my guess on the Brit  or maybe a Springbok (Kinkead, No.1 SQN, or Bell, No.3 SQN) comes thru.  Plenty for AM sheets...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:16:52 AM by dr 1 ace »
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 06:23:53 AM »
The WNW site has images of the 2nd Test Shot build.  I suspect they will turn to color as the release nears....

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 08:31:45 AM »
In years past, October has been a month for releases.  Seems like a probable time to see the Camel.
Honor Necessity

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »
In years past, October has been a month for releases.  Seems like a probable time to see the Camel.

Yes, Eric, those were the days! But the times, they are achangin'!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »
I predict there will be 5 marking options and release date, well, that is anyone's guess.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
At this rate it looks like the Camel will be Wingnut's ONLY release for 2016. When you think about their past, that's pretty sad really.

The Albatros B.11 was released late November last year so there's a clue to the Camel release date- before Christmas probably. Maybe several variants, 5 marking schemes.

We cling to the hope Wingnuts will surprise us with other subjects but it's hard to escape the awful feeling they are winding down with so few new releases now. I really would like to be proved wrong now!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »
I'm sure WNW's have a magical card up their sleeve. Dogfight Double perhaps? Camel + DR.1 perhaps?
All will become clear in the next few months.

Bob  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Russell

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 05:00:11 PM »
At this rate it looks like the Camel will be Wingnut's ONLY release for 2016. When you think about their past, that's pretty sad really.

The Albatros B.11 was released late November last year so there's a clue to the Camel release date- before Christmas probably. Maybe several variants, 5 marking schemes.

We cling to the hope Wingnuts will surprise us with other subjects but it's hard to escape the awful feeling they are winding down with so few new releases now. I really would like to be proved wrong now!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

The dearth of new releases from WnW in 2016 has been disappointing (even if there is a kit or two at Christmas). I’m not at all suggesting there’s any ‘winding down’ going on but nor do I think the change in distribution method is the cause of this lack of activity (i.e. it being a distraction - as postulated in another thread) as it’s a logistical issue not a research & development one.

Whatever the reason for the lack of new kits from NZ it’s been a quiet year so far generally. Would I be right in thinking that the only 1:32 WWI aircraft kit actually released so far in 2016 is the 3D printed Fokker by our own Bo?

Regards
Russell 

Offline petrov27

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 11:27:28 PM »
Yeah - agreed there is a feeling that WNW has slowed way down and such. Part of it was for so long we knew their planned releases as they had been announced or we had seen pics of mock ups etc at shows and in magazines; there was that big list of exciting subjects to look forward to, PLUS on top of what they announced there were surprise releases out of nowhere - really kept me excited about the company and the future of it.

Now the only thing we know about is a Camel and if that does not float your boat then it is pretty ho-hum. There has been no news of the super kits, no news on the figure line, etc

Still fingers are crossed that there are some surprises from them still....

As far as what has been released in 2016 1/32 WW1 yeah it has been a pretty dry year so far - hopefully we will see Aviattic release their first kit by the end of the year so at least there is that....
-Patrick

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 11:42:46 PM »
   I hope you are wrong, Dave, and thinking of their record in the past it is rather a sad state they are presently in. I still think there's a BE.2  (or two) up their sleeve for a "surprise" release in the not too distant future. If they were "winding down" I don't see the value in a new distribution network; rather they would have just added postage to their existing system to sell remaining stock and not lose on the deal!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 08:11:59 AM »
Aahh yes, a BE.2, now that would be good news, imagine if we were all treated to the release of a BE.2 just before Christmas along with their Sopwith Camel, would make the end of the year very happy.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave J

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »
Hey guys,

I can assure you the lack of releases and announcements throughout the year means that we are not slowing down or "winding down" as some have said in the past. This has been a busy year for us with the changeover to Weta for Distribution, and few other things that have been happening behind the scenes.

I can ensure you that you won't be yet down with Camel when its released, it looks very impressive in the flesh. And there are plenty of surprises yet to come, I must admit... There are couple of subjects that I am excited about!  :-X
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 02:50:06 PM »

Yes, Eric, those were the days! But the times, they are achangin'!
If I didn't know better I would be tempted to believe you have some superior inside knowledge the rest of us do not possess. Unlike you, I choose to see the "glass half full", especially in light of the post above by Dave J.  Then again maybe you think he's just trolling us...  8)
Honor Necessity

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2016, 02:56:20 PM »
Thanks for the reassurances Dave J. Most welcoming.

I'm sure you will appreciate that the customers, left in the dark due to Wingnuts obsession with secrecy, have naturally speculated on the business' status and future.

You are doing wonders for Wingnuts' PR as we patiently ( impatiently?) await the new releases.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com