Author Topic: Nieuport 12 Verdun-Front 1916 1/48  (Read 3833 times)

Offline davecww1

Re: Nieuport 12 Verdun-Front 1916 1/48
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 04:46:00 AM »
Excellent job Borsos!  I just wish you didn't destroy the fuselage master as I would have purchased a copy of your fuselage so i could add one to my Nieuport collection.  As far as I know the Karaya Nieuport 12 was never released, and they are not currently producing any of the other Nieuports they had about ten years ago.  I bought one of their Nieuport 24s and it is an excellent kit, much better than the Hi Tech kit which you are supposed to use Eduard Nieuport 17 wings and add the forward plywood sheathing with sheet styrene, not a very easy way to get an accurate wing. 

Keep up the great work, love to see rare Nieuports in 1/48 scale. 

How about a Nieuport 14?  would be a great scratchbuilding project and probably never to be kitted, but photos  are on the French site that you referenced before.
Dave C

Offline Borsos

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 06:27:35 PM »
Thank you very much, Dave and Bud!!
The destroying of the masters was not done intentionally, but was my fault when I - excitedly - removed them from my first vacuformed fuselage parts. But as much as I love Nieuports in general and Nieuport 12s in particular I can actually imagine to make another one where I'll try to avoid the mistakes I made on this one. I'm just not sure about the scale. My main problem was and still is the interior because the WDF is not really precise here (and shows mostly Nieuport 10 interior). So my intpretation was to a good part "educated (more or less educated  :)) guess. I don't have any clue how the backseat looked like for instance
... If someone should have some information about the Nie 12 interior, he would make me really really happy.
The upper wing war totally scratchbuild, because I thought converting a Nie 17 wing would be the same amount of work like scratching it entirely.
A Nieuport 14 would be a good idea, I like the look of this machine too. But I think i'd do another Ni 12 first...
Best wishes
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 07:44:31 PM »
Great work, Borsos!  Your Vacuform box worked like a charm.  Your
Nieuport looks terrific.  Excellent job, my friend!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline BigBlue

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 01:45:19 PM »
Boy that really turned out beautifully!  Thank you so much for sharing it and for taking the time to show us your vacuform setup and methodology.  Very helpful!

Chris