Would you buy this kit?

Yay
13 (23.6%)
Nay
32 (58.2%)
Undecided
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: WNW Bristol F2b, post war  (Read 3483 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
WNW Bristol F2b, post war
« on: September 26, 2015, 01:32:27 AM »
I've read so many comments about this kit indicating a lack of interest, that I'm curious how WNW is doing with this release.  I see that James (jknaus) got one.  Anyone else?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: WNW Bristol F2b, post war
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:10:36 AM »
I'm still on the fence. I have the earlier F2b and so many other kits to build. It's a cool looking plane and I like the new liveries, but I can't really justify the purchase right now. In the future maybe... You need to add an "Undecided" button so I can vote. :)

George

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 03:27:37 AM »
I'm still on the fence. I have the earlier F2b and so many other kits to build. It's a cool looking plane and I like the new liveries, but I can't really justify the purchase right now. In the future maybe... You need to add an "Undecided" button so I can vote. :)

George
Done! 
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 03:32:08 AM »
Howdy. I got mine for 3 reasons. First is that once I learned the appeal of WNW kits and then found myself really excited by building WWI models I realized I had not gotten some a/c I really liked. I sat on the fence and it has cost me to get the planes that I really wanted to build. So I have tried to buy as they come out. Its only the W.29 and Felixstowe I am missing. Second reason is I thought i might be able to build a Canadian post war bird. I still hope to do that.
Finally it has an Irish a/c and as my wifes familly is from the Emerald isle I thought I would do something to commemorate that. It just so happened I didnt have a Snipe Late and so got that at the same time.
To be truthful it isnt my favorite a/c and it will probably be a while before I start it.

Hope that shines some light on why I did it.
James

Offline JCoatney

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 06:58:47 AM »
I also ordered one because of the Irish markings (for my wife). I also enjoy painting and playing with shading on CDL subjects. And the whole AC is CDL.  What fun!

FYI... my wife' s mother was from Londonderry (Derry), right on the border between the two Irelands. The house she lived in is just around the corner from the Bloody Sunday memorial.

Cheers! Jim C

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 08:18:33 AM »
I voted no, it does not appeal to me at all, I prefer pre-war types against this post war model.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »
A Woodcock!  If only.... Such 'charisma' in a small aircraft.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
I've voted no as I build WWI pretty well exclusively, but if I were in the market for a post war Biff, I'd want a Mark IV with those big clumsy slats and all the ordinance.
Can't understand why WNW have released a bit of a halfway house here - I seriously hope this doesn't indicate anything worth worrying about.
(I don't wish to be a Cassandra, but I see special deals on old kits, price hikes on new ones, shipping charges, delays in any new-tool releases, a volte-face on the idea of a money-spinning Camel and now a quickie upgrade to the Brisfit.)
I hope I am way off mark.
If they need to improve cashflow they should rerelease the LVG & W29 kits.
S

Online RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 02:51:30 AM »
I voted No as the F2b just doesn't appeal to me in general and especially a Post War variant. Not against Post War if one of my squadrons flew it as the Post War Snipe in my stash can attest to  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Flute

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 02:58:25 AM »
I'm also in the preferring a Mark IV camp. I've built  the original WNW Biff, so another one would have to be substantially different. Done the Mark IV in 1/48th, and stood beside my other 8 1/48th F2Bs it looks  different enough (also done one in 1/72nd, FWIW).

Voted 'undecided' because if I saw one at a good price on the right day I might get one anyway, being an incurable stash victim.

Paul.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 03:24:24 AM »
... being an incurable stash victim...
...and an unabashed Biff-aholic.  ;)

Cheers,
Bud

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 03:39:40 AM »
i voted no as I have to draw the line somewhere. But I'll repeat that I L O V E the cover painting -- it's one of Steve Anderson's best.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »
 Bud,
I voted nay my old friend. Although I do like the WNW F2b I'm just sort of cold to the post war version. As Bo said you got to draw the line somewhere. That being said I could change my mind if it was a Golden Era subject,maybe one of those beautiful new 1/32 scale Curtis fighters.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »
My vote is nay , not interested in the subject or the scale . I do like WNW kit . Built the Se5a and have the Pfalz D.IIIa in the stash . Other then that the only other one I would like to get is the Roland D.VIa/b .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 03:59:10 PM »
My vote was a clear "maybe"! I like the plane, I like the guise, like POST (any) war, LOVE the cover painting, but will probably wait for a Mk.IV.
Richard