Author Topic: Dufaux 4 in 1:32 scale  (Read 16284 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Dufaux 4 in 1:32 scale
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2016, 03:32:24 AM »
This is indeed sad news Des. You always choose builds that are really interesting because they are so esoteric - usually a type that I have never heard of and I suspect that many others have not done so either. I sit in anticipation that you might be able to finish it, but if not I will be in the front row for your next project.

Stephen.
Likewise, Des.  I'm holding out hope that Alain's mates will come through for you.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »
This is indeed sad news Des. You always choose builds that are really interesting because they are so esoteric - usually a type that I have never heard of and I suspect that many others have not done so either. I sit in anticipation that you might be able to finish it, but if not I will be in the front row for your next project.

Stephen.

Echo's my sentiments !!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2016, 01:09:53 AM »
Hello Des,
I deeply regret all the emotional issues you and your wife have to face. I remember too well when we had to make similar decisions regarding my grandma.
I wish you all the best and hope, you'll probabely take some (metaphorical) strength out of modelling. I deeply admire your scratchbuilds!
With kind regards
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Dric

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »
Hello Des,
I hope you are doing well and that the morale holding good.

There was a project in Switzerland to crate a replica of a Dufaux 4N aircraft (if I'm right). The goal was to repeat the flight of Dufaux over the Lake Léman.

The team have a website
http://www.hepta.aero/faux/fr/index.html

If you tell me what you are looking for (drop me a PM), I will be glad to contact them (I live not far from Lausanne) to see if they are "open" to share some documentation and information.

Moreover this you can go to this website
http://ba.e-pics.ethz.ch/ and put Dufaux in the "search" window there are some nice pictures that could maybe help you.

"Official Museum" are for the most in the German speaking part of Switzerland, and it could be, unfortunately, very difficult to obtain something if you don't speak german.
Cheers
Dric