Author Topic: Was painted hexagon camouflage worth the effort?  (Read 6624 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Was painted hexagon camouflage worth the effort?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 11:56:39 PM »
   "As Lance mentioned, a split second, much less a few seconds in combat can be the difference between life and death."
    You are so correct Warren. Post merge close in air fighting demands uncompromised visual contact, "lose sight, lose fight"! That's a neat story about the D.VII, I can see it happening easily.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 02:38:26 AM »
Interesting question and discussions; I just did a search on Youtube for Fokker DVII to see if I could find any videos of these aircraft with the loz print taken from overhead.  All I came up with were videos shot from the ground so a dark aircraft again the sky - not much help.  I then remembered the two FE2bs (or d's) in flight in New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaArnJbtw_4

As I watched the video I thought the two would have been more hard to see if they were painted in wide camouflage bands (German green and mauve) vs the PC10 over all. 

Charlie
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline 53ryder

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 08:43:22 AM »
It was all done to torture modellers in future times.

S.

Looks like it!

Glenn

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 05:16:04 PM »
Interesting question and discussions; I just did a search on Youtube for Fokker DVII to see if I could find any videos of these aircraft with the loz print taken from overhead.  All I came up with were videos shot from the ground so a dark aircraft again the sky - not much help.  I then remembered the two FE2bs (or d's) in flight in New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaArnJbtw_4

As I watched the video I thought the two would have been more hard to see if they were painted in wide camouflage bands (German green and mauve) vs the PC10 over all. 

Charlie

It's a bit hard to spot, but that's me crouching in the front of the green Fee. It was a very good day!