Author Topic: Positive comments  (Read 7131 times)

Offline Verbeek

Re: Positive comments
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 12:27:53 AM »
? I never hear about this site!    :)
Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 12:51:43 AM »
Hello Des,

You have every reason in the world to be proud of what you accomplished with your wonderful forum. You did not only gather a lot of talented modelers (yourself at the top), but also a whole lot of fine people that make this forum even more special. The decency and kindness of it, I never encountered in any other. Thank you my friend!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 05:05:59 AM »
Absolutely - everything as already said!
This forum's come to mean a lot to me too, with its friendliness, its expertise always on tap, and the inspiration offered by some very skilled people - I've lost count of the number of tricks and ideas and techniques I've picked up off the members here. Even if I wasn't a modeller, I'd still come here to marvel at what some of you guys do.
Above all, thanks again to you Des.

Mark

Offline radio

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 06:43:24 AM »
Des,
it is the best.
I am very proud to be a member of your Forum.
Cheers
Martin

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 08:10:41 AM »
Absolutely the BEST,  Thanks for all you have done and do !!!!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline IanB

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 11:14:05 AM »
I can only echo what has already been said. The thanks are due from us, Des, not to us. Those of us who have been here a while remember why you started it -  sometimes things happen for a reason and we can only be thankful that you took the route you did!

Ian

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 01:19:30 PM »
  Des,
I made my comment the other day straight from the heart and I do truly believe that this is the best WWI model site in the entire known universe. Rightly so Des, you're proud of this forum and as you can tell from many replies to your thread opener the membership feels the same pride. As others have already said we owe a debt of gratitude for all your effort to build and maintain the place so many call home. Thank You My old Friend.

I would be totally remiss if I didn't mention our outstanding membership here. One awesome site and one awesome membership!
Well Done to one and all.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 07:29:50 PM »
Just adding my 3 cents, I will only say, this is my "place to be" in the web to share our common passion - WW1 aircraft modelling! Once again, Des, many thanks for organizing this space for us.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 07:42:50 PM »
I am extremely humbled by the responses posted here by our exceptional members, this just proves that we have the best and fastest growing WW1 aviation forum on the net. I will do my utmost to keep it running the way it has been for the past three years with the only changes being to make it even better.

Thank you to all those who have left such wonderful comments, it really does make me feel very proud.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 08:10:06 PM »
Hello gentlemen and ladies,
Sure Des but don't forget to have quiet and stand by to keep you healthy.  ;) :D
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 01:43:22 AM »
As many of you, I have spent considerable time on many modeling forums (froii?) in the past. I rarely visit others these days, primarily because they are too often cliqueish, leavened with irrelevant and often hostile threads and comments, and to all appearances run by an "in group" of sometimes arrogant people. I spent a few years as a moderator on a forum with 10,000 registered members and it took six of us to keep it reasonably courteous. We all finally resigned.

All this is to say that it is no easy task to have a decent, courteous, and helpful forum in a contentious arena. And, in my experience, it is the members who are the real moderators of good forums and this one is a fine example of that.

On a personal note, while i was going through my cancer treatments and plodding away at my Wingnut Wings Roland C.II, this forum, you members, were a small community part of my life and recovery.

Thank you all.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 07:11:08 AM »
I would like to add my thanks to Des, for the continued provision of this excellent forum.

The whole feel of the place is just right - open, friendly and informative and no sense of rivalry or one-upmanship.

This is my first port of call for WWI modelling reference, which is down to the members and of course to our host!

Offline Oeli

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 02:39:13 AM »
Hello,

i am not long here. But what i have seen here, how can i say. It feels good and it feels like coming home (Forumhome  ;) )

Kindly regards

Jörg
Normality is a beautiful paved road, but it grow no flowers on her.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 07:36:11 AM »
My many thanks to Alain, Eindecker, Ian and Jörg for all of your positive comments, it is a great feeling to know that what I started ended up being the forum home for so many people.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »
So I'm a bit late posting on this, been on holiday in a place where internet is mentioned in hushed whispers and I only got a signal on my phone three times in two weeks. :o

This is a great forum, full of information, helpful people and a great owner. I visit many times during the day, picking up tips, inspiration and sometimes just looking at the great work on display.

Thanks, Des.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”