Author Topic: 12 monthly check  (Read 3114 times)

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
Re: 12 monthly check
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 02:09:48 PM »
Des, glad to hear you're doing better. I our hobby vision is critical. You know, motorcycling, model railroading, and oh yeah, 1/32 scratch-built WW1 aero planes. Best wishes to you.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 02:58:02 AM »
Sorry Des but I have been away for a while and missed this. Very pleased to read the good news - the idea of polishing the eye lenses also shocks me - I have to polish the plastic ones in front of my eyes - the thought of doing the same to those IN my eyes gives me the shivers. How lucky we all are to live in the 21st century AD.

Glad to read that your eyes are also very good Lance - as others have written sight is irreplaceable, the more so for those of us who like modelling in any scale.

Stephen.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 03:26:52 AM »
  Des,
Sorry to read of your past eye difficulties and I'm very glad to read all's well following the surgery. I had no idea that they could polish an eye lenses with a laser. EEEEEEEEwww  makes my eyes water at the thought. It truly is amazing what all Medical science can correct and cure. My very wishes for your best of health my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 04:03:26 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your concerns and your best wishes, they are much appreciated.

I had the lens in both eyes polished today, a very quick and pain free procedure, about 1 minute per eye. Apparently the laser goes through the new lens and polishes the rear of the lens, amazing technology. The next few days will see if the procedure was a success, my right eye was perfect but my left eye was a little out of focus. Hopefully all will be well.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
Hopefully it did the trick, Des.  It sounds promising.  Take care, my friend.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 01:42:13 AM »
Yes, Des, it's fingers crossed now for a couple of days, and our thoughts are with you.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 03:57:44 AM »
My thoughts are with you too, Des. Here's to a speedy and successful recovery! :D

George

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 04:08:29 AM »
I too will be thinking of you Des. Hopefully the focus will return to normal shortly and then we can all enjoy watching you build another of your masterpieces.

Stephen.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 08:22:43 PM »
The laser lens polishing appears to have done the trick, I still use drops twice a day but that is of no consequence, my vision is very good now.

Des.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 11:03:44 PM »
Des, Good to hear.  :)I finished with the "Part Two" dilation tests etc several days ago, no problems, use drops as you do, and return in two years. The joys of aging........!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ermeio

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 02:20:41 AM »
This is good news, Des.
Now we expect a new build starting in the next days...
All the best
Er me

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »
Thanks Lance for your kind thoughts, yes, getting old (er) is a real bummer.

Thank you also Ernie, as far as my next scratch build, I had one lined up but it took a nose dive, not enough information available, the search continues.

Des.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 12:51:50 PM »
 Des,
Glad to hear the lens polishing has worked it magic for you my old friend. Still has my eyes watering at the thought of it though. EEEEW !! A few drops in the eyes daily is a more than fair price for good vision.

You mentioned your next scratch built being shelved by lack of information. That's a real shame too,but I certainly have been there too.Have you taken a look at the Peanut Scale stick and tissue plans? Some of these can easily modified for a scale construction if you have the actual aircraft's measurements. For true scale plans take a look at Cleveland Models. They've many WWI plans and some Pre-WWI as well. Which aircraft were you wanting to scratch build? You never know I could have plans or information helpful to you.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »
Thanks very much Gregory but trust me, the laser eye treatment was pain free, just very bright red lights.

Thank you for your suggestions regarding finding a subject for my next scratch build, I have written and sent you an email detailing my plans.

Des.