Author Topic: 1:35 MiniArt German Tramcar 641  (Read 5096 times)

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: 1:35 MiniArt German Tramcar 641
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 06:09:36 AM »
I have still some way to go - finish re-assembling the second cab end, attach a few peripheral bits and put the wheel bogey on.. Not too much work but there's touch up paint and repairs.. Hopefully not too much longer, realistically should be done before Christmas. 

Am hoping to knock out one of my WNW Eindeckers next as that should be quite quick!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »
This one is really coming out nicely from my perspective! I am glad to see you come back to your build log and finish this one up!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2016, 08:10:26 PM »
I ordered the kit today Ian, got it from Lucky Models, they had the cheapest price and the best postage rate, but it will be 2 months before their stocks are replenished, I'm in no rush.

Des
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 09:20:40 PM »
I finally called this model "finished"..

That means I added on as much of the peripherals as I dared, and touched up some of the paintwork.

No new pics, it isn't good enough IMHO.  Too many repairs and touch ups, but I was too far in to bin it.  I needed to come to a conclusion to get my mojo back and open a WWI aircraft kit again.

As for this kit, it does, well at least it should, make an excellent model.  The era of the tram overlaps WWI just, so it is of the period I am interested in, and you can be creative with colour schemes. 

It has difficulties mainly in the fragility of the thin components - virtually every component with a tubular section of 1mm or less broke on the sprue, or on cutting off, or on sanding.    As with many kits, I could do a better job another time, but this has taken me well over a year on and off, and slowed me down big time.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 03:18:23 AM »
Nicely done, seems like a lot of kit for the money.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 05:07:50 AM »
The photos that you have shown show that it is a good model in spite of your comments.

Hopefully we are going to see you back again on this site with some more of your excellent WW1 aircraft.

Stephen.