Author Topic: WNW Albatros Spinner  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Joe G

WNW Albatros Spinner
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
As I promised back in June, a replacement part for the WNW Albatros spinner has been developed by me and Mark Muller of Westerville, Ohio (Columbus area) in resin. It directly fits the spinner back plate provided in the Wingnuts kit without any modification and has more detail than the kit part as well as being dimensionally correct. The Part can be had by contacting Mark Muller of Model Designs Ltd., 6147 Bitterroot Drive, Westerville, Ohio 43081, 614-403-6115, [email protected]. Mark specializes in producing custom parts in a variety of mediums for any type of model, in any scale as well as offering some outstanding specialized modeling tools. If you have need, Mark will develop a solution at a reasonable price. Sorry that I did not post a picture, I am a month away from relocating my family and I from Ohio to Brisbane, Australia so I am a bit busy... enjoy the part, I have six for myself for future use.

Post has had the price removed as it contravenes forum rules about advertising. Information on the new product and contact information is perfectly okay to post.

Des - Administrator
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:27:08 PM by Des »

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: WNW Albatros Spinner
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 12:26:01 AM »
Welcome news, Joe.  A real treat out of the blue.  I'll be in for a couple ASAP.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 02:09:10 AM »
I picked three of them yesterday from Mark. He is a good guy and very talented. I have pics but can't for the life of me figure out how to post them. If anyone is interested pm me.

Mike

Offline Joe G

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 04:47:39 AM »
Just talked with Mark Muller about this part, contact Mark for price information. He also mentioned that he has been asked if he has other Albatros parts. Mark will work with you to make any part for any type of model. Mark owns and operates a fully functional Dental Lab, he is a skilled craftsman and model builder with over 35 years of experience with a lot of national victories under his belt. He does fantastic work.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:48:48 PM by Des »

Offline sobrien

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:42:02 AM »
I didn't know we had someone doing these things in my neck of the woods. I'm in Columbus too. I'll have to email him. Thanks.

Sean

guitarlute101

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 05:49:50 AM »

Here are pictures of the part....

Photos by Mark Muller and Mike Robinson

Offline zed

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
I just want to clear up some confusion about these spinners.  Mark is standing here beside me and wants to state that the price of these spinners can be found by contacting Mike Muller at   [email protected].

Also, note that there is a hole on the inside of the spinner and that is a locating recess for centering the prop.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:29:57 PM by Des »

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
Thanks very much for the heads-up on this new product, it will certainly be an bonus for the Albatros kit.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »
I would like to see the kit spinner alongside this resin replacement. Is that possible please?
Regards
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 08:02:33 PM »
I'd like to see Mark cast some really, really, hard and stiff replacement wing, cabane and undercarriage struts for our kits.

He could use that dental porcelain stuff.

Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
I'd like to see Mark cast some really, really, hard and stiff replacement wing, cabane and undercarriage struts for our kits.

He could use that dental porcelain stuff.

I'll second, sounds good to me!!!!
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.