Author Topic: Aviattic lozenge decals and Fokker DVII Group Build  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Black Max 72

Re: Aviattic lozenge decals and Fokker DVII Group Build
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »
Hi Richard

Now that WNW are re-releasing the Albatros in the Jasta 5 3-pack I was wondering whether you might be possibly revisting the idea of the Albatros DVa cookie cutter lozenge? Correct me if I'm wrong but the original kits sold out while you were developing them? If not I will just have to suck it up and buy the joined lozenge and have a go out cutting them out myself!

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Offline bstachel

• www.aviattic.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 05:54:32 PM »
Thats why I developed the "joined" sets - and isn't hard to do once you've made templates from "de-tacked" masking tape - or used Pheon's lozenge set as a guide. Rib tapes need to be added from the "white decal" range as they are not translucent.

Failing that - a "cookie" set (or two!) is being developed in time for the new WNW triple box set in July...

Best wishes, Richard
Owner and Director of Aviattic

Offline petrov27

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »
fantastic - I love cookies and albatros both :)

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2017, 09:25:48 AM »
Hi Richard

That's great to hear. I have an OAW Albatros now waiting  ;D I am prepared to give the joined sets a go though, but your excellent cookie cutter sets just make it so much easier. You've spoiled us!

Dave

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Hi Richard

Just a thought that's a little bit off topic but kind of related, have you given any thought to doing fokker streaking decals like what Microsculpt did many years back. With the same translucent nature as your lozenge decals and then layering over your bleached linen decals I would think that it would give a very realistic effect not to mention the time saved by not having to muck around with oils! I imagine that there would be more than a few 1/32 Roden tripes out there as well as the numerous 1/48 scale tripes just begging for something like this.

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Offline bstachel

• www.aviattic.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 04:59:12 PM »
Expect some Fokker "improvement" resin and decal sets to be announced soon...

Regards
Richard
Owner and Director of Aviattic

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2017, 07:36:18 PM »
Expect some Fokker "improvement" resin and decal sets to be announced soon...

Regards
Richard

Ooh ;D now I'm very interested! Saw your fokker triplane resin parts on Facebook, can't wait to see what else you have planned

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD