Author Topic: Adds showing up?  (Read 1466 times)

guitarlute101

Adds showing up?
« on: June 12, 2014, 03:31:40 AM »

Anyone else getting adds imbedded into the text of your posts? Random words are underlined in red and link to adds.

Mark

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: Adds showing up?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:20:29 AM »
Not any more - I used to, dunno why.  I sent Des a message so he was aware.  Seems to have stopped now, for me.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:40:02 AM »
Mark,

I don't think it's the forum, but instead, you've picked up some malware on your computer. I had what sounds like the same thing a couple of days ago, before I came back here after a bit of an absence. Certain words would be hyperlinked with a half circle and arrow beside them. To fix the problem, I went into Control Panel and found an ad program on my system that I hadn't installed. If the issue is a recent one, you should be able to tell the program by the installation date beside it. I removed the program and then went into each of my browsers and re-set them to their default settings, and that eliminated the problem. I didn't lose any passwords or anything else when I did the re-set, but your mileage may vary.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »
Mark,

I don't think it's the forum, but instead, you've picked up some malware on your computer.

Yep. Alternately, there are viruses that infect routers such that when you hit a link it takes you to an ad page. A deep reset of your router will usually fix it.

guitarlute101

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »
That was it Chris. I picked up some malware from downloading Acrobat from the wrong site. Fixed it. Thanks guys!

Mark

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:32:38 PM »
I'm happy that you sorted out the problem Mark, the same thing happened to a few members last year so I had the forum check out and everything came back clear.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com