Author Topic: Copper State 1/48 scale Salmson-Moineau S.M.1  (Read 6543 times)

Offline Nesterov

• Copper State Models
Re: Copper State 1/48 scale Salmson-Moineau S.M.1
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 08:59:21 PM »
glad to see they finally got their ducks in a row, perhaps this is a sign of things to come. i remember a bunch of buzz about how they were going to re-release a bunch of kits then all fell silent. this one is definately interesting and different so i gotta get one. besides we gotta show them there will be a return for their effort or else they will never put anything else out for us.

We have sent most of the master kits for the restoration. Two of them are destroyed completely and have to be re-created from scratch. The ROI after the restoration is negative and more like a political and marketing statement that CSM is alive rather than successful commercial operation. Actually for us is cheaper and more profitable to create new kits which we do at the moment, having 6-7 WWI topics "on the drawing board" in various scales and at various stages of completion on top of new bunch of WWI accessories which have to replace with most of the old assortment. There are quite few directions we are working at, unfortunately all of them are terra incognito for us + very expensive and very time consuming, so please bear with us considering the fact we are not professional scale model manufacturers. All I can promise- you will not be disappointed. 
The God created a Man and the Scale Modelling. Everything else is somehow secondary really...

Offline Nesterov

• Copper State Models
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
Thanks Bud for showing us this really nice model, it is an unusual aircraft to say the least. Funny thing though is I was collecting information on this particular plane to do a scratch build in 1:32 scale, I can shelve that idea now that this brilliant model is released. I will be looking forward to seeing you start building this one Bud, with your excellent talents it will turn out to be a real gem. I checked the CSM website and noticed that they have a list of corrections for the kit, it appears that they are still fine tuning this kit.

Des.

The major issue we came across while dealing with the detailing of the S.M.1 is lack of information. The engine, the turrets and the cockpit layout are inconclusive. If anybody can help with exact information on these three points then we will revise the kit, putting more details in there based on indisputable information.
The God created a Man and the Scale Modelling. Everything else is somehow secondary really...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
Hello Bud:

It looks like you have your work cut out for you with this kit.  It will be neat to see how you do it and follow along as  you do.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »

Bud,

Looking forward to this build !!,  I know you'll knock it out of the park!!!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline davecww1

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »
Mine just came in last week, and I also highly recommend it!  The price is not bad for the amount of resin and photoetch that you get, and thankfully they have eliminated the old white metal parts of the previous Copper State kits with nice resin for all of the details.  Although like Nesterov said there is no information that we can find on the interior, so some gizmology and scratchbuilding may be required.

As for future releases from copper State, how about a 1/48 scale Caudron R.11?  Just got the latest Datafile of it and that would be an awesome aircraft that was used during the war and post war by France and the USAS as well.
Dave

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 02:47:05 AM »
Really glad to see such a positive response to this kit, especially from you, Des.  Never thought I'd see the day when you'd consider something smaller than 1/32 scale. ;) This is a large aircraft, though, so it compares well in size to what you've built. 
Thank you for chiming in on this, Ilya.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what's next.  I still check your website every day for new stuff.
Dave, I knew you would like this one.  Like me, you have a taste for the esoteric.  As for the the internal details, fortunately we have the Gaspatch 2A2 and the WNW website from which we can get some ideas on the basic layout and design.  I'm looking forward to seeing your build log on this one.
Mark and Ed, I'd start this kit now if my work space wasn't completely covered with 1/48 and 1/32 scale Tripe bits.  Soon, I hope.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nesterov

• Copper State Models
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 12:59:37 AM »
how about a 1/48 scale Caudron R.11? 

All I can say at this stage - "so many topics, so little time"... we do not have any plans for this particular prototype yet.. As of releases in 1/48, 1/32 and in 1/28 - we have our hands full for the remaining of 2014 preparing kits and accessories in the mentioned scales and next kit (actually two modifications of the same plane, injection molding rather than resin) in 1/48 should be released in September-October this year.
Apart from production challenges we are sorting out P&P rates because until this March we had to use quite dear ones and had few negative comments about that which are understandable. Now we have managed to go down on these prices, so one issue less.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 01:02:28 AM »
Good luck!  :o

VB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 10:18:33 AM »
Bud
I've always been drawn to the odd Great War a/c and the Salmson-Moineau S.M.1 has to be on top the list.  Copper State only have four left in stock so I jumped on one this evening. 

Charlie
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »
Good for you, Charlie!  This is right up your alley.  You won't be disappointed. 
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence