Author Topic: Omega Models MB bis in 1:32 scale  (Read 14844 times)

Offline mc65

Re: Omega Models MB bis in 1:32 scale
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 09:53:25 AM »
damn, des!
I now understand the meaning of the words "hero member" under your nick... it takes a lot of courage to undertake the construction of a model like this! ;D
my respects ... ;)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »
  Des,
 The starving cow look is one of the reason I'm not really big on PE . Your additions surely make for a much more life like appearence. I'm very much looking forward to following this latest project my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline IvotB

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
Shipping was fast  ;)

Nice start and interesting kit and model. Perhaps there is a replacement for the engine. Looks like a standard 9 cylinder rotation engine. I don't know much about this plane if it was a le Rhone or Oberursel, but I remember seeing some excellent 9 cylinder engines here.

regards,
Ivo

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 08:50:51 PM »
The seat supplied with the kit is way too small, so I repaired a damaged wicker seat I had in my spares box, it fits into the frame nicely.

The kit suppled PE for the rudder bar and the control column, I discarded these and scratched some new items, I also made an instrument and fitted it to the frame.

I have fixed the cockpit frame to the right side of the fuselage, it is held in place with CA. The seat belt is PE which came with the kit, I also added control cables to the rudder bar, I used 0.12mm mono.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:57:02 PM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »
The fuselage for this model comes in five pieces, two sides, the bottom and a two piece top. The two sides are not bad, they have raised fuselage frame lines, the top rear section also has the raised frame lines but they don't match with the sides, so they will be sanded off, it is also about 5mm short in length compared with the fuselage sides. The front top section is not too bad. Sad news is the bottom is totally useless and unusable, it is paper thin along the length on one side and 3.5mm thick on the other side, not worth the effort to try and fix it so I made a new bottom from styrene sheet.

Des.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
Looking good Des!  ;D  Nice work  I really like the Spartan interior you have represented here.

Regards,

Bob

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 10:37:48 PM »
It's already looking really good Des and I'll follow this with interest.

Given the price you had to pay for the model, you'd have hoped that the supplied seat would have been a better representation, even though what you've done was always going to be infinitely better.

Best wishes
Nigel 

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 01:25:01 AM »
Brilliant Start Des! Your work as always looks beautiful!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 06:29:43 AM »
Thanks guys for all your nice words, much appreciated.

I have buttoned her up, it went together fairly well with only small amounts of filler needed at the join lines, the cockpit frame fitted in well. As can be seen in one of the photos a section of the coaming was missing, I replaced this with some styrene then added the cockpit padding using 0.9mm electrical cable plastic tube.

Des.

Offline mc65

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
really good!

the tip about the cockpit padding it's rather brilliant, I'll give a try!

wich kind of glue you use for put together the fuselage? I suppose you need some time to adjust the parts aligned....

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »
  Des,
Your moving right along at a fast pace my old friend. This little gem must be a nice change for you after recently completing your latest scratch built project. It's a shame about that short molding on her fuselage though,but luckily it's nothing that can't be easily repaired. I guess this is one of those things you run into with short run resin kits.At least their wasn't a mulitude of pin holes to contend with. I've a resin ship kit in the stash that has what appears to have suffered muliple blast from a 1/35 scale 12 Gauge shotgun. Really poor quality control! Keep up the outstand progress and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »
i guess this is the result of mass production of resin kits. i know from casting that if you want a nice result you have to take your time and maybe one out of 4 casts turns out a bit wonky. at home i throw it away, but i suppose a company has multiple molds being poured and when they remove the casting they throw it in a box instead of having the luxury of time to inspect for imperfections.plus every piece that is unuseable is a waste of resin which aint cheap. i have resin kits from many companies, i think karaya is the best as far as quality,attention to mold quality, fit, ease of assembly etc etc etc. omega is o.k. more of a middle of the road resin company in quality, not bad but not great ,similar to copper state was. des i'm sure you will make it look like wnw released the mosca.

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
Hello Des,

As usual you're doing a top job!

Somehow you're making a silk purse out of a pigs ear.. You must have magic fairy dust in your tools box!

The cost seems incredible when you see what you get, but I guess that's the price you pay for getting a non mainstream kit - it highlights the value for money you get when you buy an 'expensive' Wingnuts model.

Keep up the magic  ;)

Guy

“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Jacek

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »
The cockpit looks very good. I see lot of work to still you need to insert in this set.
Good luck  :D

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 06:45:30 PM »
Even with all of it's faults I am still having fun building this kit, I like a challenge and this certainly is one, hey, I built the Battle Axe Fokker E.III so how hard can this one be  :) :)

Des.