Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 428970 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2220 on: July 19, 2017, 07:36:28 AM »
Certainly a Teaser! Perhaps pertaining to that Obereusel URII on the Lehrone Sprue  8)
RAGIII

Yup, it might just be related to a German Monoplane Fighter with a UR.II power plant...........  after all, our hard fought Mikr Mir ones are all but done! :-\ ??? :o
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #2221 on: July 20, 2017, 04:17:23 AM »
Oberusal?  Did anyone notice that the box top had a red background?

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2222 on: July 21, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
Although I can't afford one any time soon, a WNW Razor would be a brilliant and welcome addition to the line!

Also: it's Oberursel  ;)
Zac in NZ

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #2223 on: July 26, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »
Funny how the annual speculation has gone on for nearly four years.....still no Tripes or Razors.....

Steve

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2224 on: July 26, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »
Funny how the annual speculation has gone on for nearly four years.....still no Tripes or Razors.....

Steve

And as is usual in this circular discussion... No Tripes or Razors because other folk already make them

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #2225 on: July 26, 2017, 09:36:57 PM »
...they make Camels too.......just some finger crossing.....

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2226 on: July 26, 2017, 09:59:53 PM »

You'll never get any modelling done with your fingers crossed

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #2227 on: July 26, 2017, 10:06:21 PM »
Apparently I've had my fingers crossed longer than I thought!! The bench is downstairs somewhere-although I keep gathering the various trappings of the hobby....

Steve

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2228 on: July 26, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »

Even if people built fantastic Camels out of the Academy/Hobby Craft kit: There are miles regarding quality between that kit and the Roden Triplane.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #2229 on: July 26, 2017, 11:06:17 PM »
Hmmm true the Academy/Hobbycraft(first attempt) is very bad but when HC redid it the Camel was okay. It wasnt quite as good as the Roden DRI but close IMHO.

Steve

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #2230 on: July 27, 2017, 07:09:40 AM »
If the mysterious red WNW box brought us a Halberstadt Cl. IN, I would not complain.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2231 on: July 27, 2017, 07:59:30 AM »
If the mysterious red WNW box brought us a Halberstadt Cl. IN, I would not complain.

Me neither, just to the contrary. I think I'd open a bottle of champaign... :)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #2232 on: July 27, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »
Yeah I would be one of those wishing for the Halb CII (or about six other subjects that have never been done in 1/32 before....)
-Patrick

Offline zavod44

« Reply #2233 on: September 01, 2017, 12:23:01 PM »
Why forget about early albatros just because wnw haven't kitted them. The roden kits are very buildable and turn out nicely. I have built one and will build more whether wnw does one or not. With so many fighters never ever kitted I will keep hoping for something else something cool something different. I will never understand why some guys will only build a biplane if its wnw. Maybe they are wnw fans not necessarily ww1 aircraft fans? Idk?

For me personally it's about quality not quantity.  I am a fan of WWI and a bigger fan of WNW.  I just don't like building crummy kits....Honestly the Roden kits are amongst the lousiest kits out there.  If I was rating kit makers I can't think of many that are worse than roden.  Off the top of my head Tamiya, Meng, Dragon, Revell of Germany, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Aoshima, Miniart, Takom, Trumpeter, Amusing hobby, Panda Hobby, Rye field Model, Fine molds, and WNW are all far superior to Roden.   For me I just hate spending my hard earned money or something that is sub par.  Go compare the WNW top wing from their Albatros DV kit to the Roden top wing of their Albatros  D III.  It's no  comparison, the detail on Roden is trash.  Why would I continue building trash?....it's not about liking or disliking WWI subjects I just don't want to spend my valuable time on lousy models....but that's just how I roll....

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2234 on: September 02, 2017, 04:10:13 AM »
Why forget about early albatros just because wnw haven't kitted them. The roden kits are very buildable and turn out nicely. I have built one and will build more whether wnw does one or not. With so many fighters never ever kitted I will keep hoping for something else something cool something different. I will never understand why some guys will only build a biplane if its wnw. Maybe they are wnw fans not necessarily ww1 aircraft fans? Idk?

For me personally it's about quality not quantity.  I am a fan of WWI and a bigger fan of WNW.  I just don't like building crummy kits....Honestly the Roden kits are amongst the lousiest kits out there.  If I was rating kit makers I can't think of many that are worse than roden.  Off the top of my head Tamiya, Meng, Dragon, Revell of Germany, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Aoshima, Miniart, Takom, Trumpeter, Amusing hobby, Panda Hobby, Rye field Model, Fine molds, and WNW are all far superior to Roden.   For me I just hate spending my hard earned money or something that is sub par.  Go compare the WNW top wing from their Albatros DV kit to the Roden top wing of their Albatros  D III.  It's no  comparison, the detail on Roden is trash.  Why would I continue building trash?....it's not about liking or disliking WWI subjects I just don't want to spend my valuable time on lousy models....but that's just how I roll....

Geez, I think that perhaps you not too fond of Roden kits but then, what if WNW did not exist...  OOPS this thread is about WNW speculation, so back to the matter in hand--

still waiting for a 1/32 Dolphin !!!  .

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.