Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 360863 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #1860 on: October 13, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »
Thanks for the reminder Des . The other day I wanted to order some brass tube but couldn't remember the place . I have written this down now .  :)

Post person was very kind to me today . My order from Hannants arrived . A few detail sets for Hasegawa new 32 scale Zero and my order from Flory Models . Picking their wash set and pigment set a couple of their sanding stick packs .

Yes , it's true ...I have become camera lazy !!!! But you these things happen from time to time ...

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #1861 on: October 15, 2016, 05:51:59 AM »
This came the other day - another one of those Rodens sold from Poland at just about half price than from the usual emporium :) After the last Nieuport I'm really looking forwards to doing this

And this one came today. A snap decision when spotted 'Buy it Now' for far less than the original Hannants price before the increases :) :). Not one I had actually favoured but given the price and the OOP status far too good to resist.

All I need now is some time in which to sit down and make some inroads :(

Regards - Tug

Offline macsporran

« Reply #1862 on: October 16, 2016, 07:24:28 AM »
I mentioned the Glasgow Modelfest recently and I'm just back from the show. Some lovely models but very little WWI on display I'm afraid - but the upside of belonging to a minority taste is that there is little competition for what there is on offer on the trade stands.

One vendor had closed his shop and was offering everything at 50% discount: we horsetraded a little and I left with 14 WWI Osprey titles for £60. He was delighted to move the stock and I was delighted to get them brand-new for just over £4 each. (I also got two more Roden 1/32 Nieuports at under £20 each.)

Last month at the Edinburgh show one of the traders had some of the Jack Herris books in their end-bins. I got two at £10 each and two at £5 each. O happy man!
S

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #1863 on: October 17, 2016, 12:47:49 AM »
This came the other day - another one of those Rodens sold from Poland at just about half price than from the usual emporium :) After the last Nieuport I'm really looking forwards to doing this

And this one came today. A snap decision when spotted 'Buy it Now' for far less than the original Hannants price before the increases :) :). Not one I had actually favoured but given the price and the OOP status far too good to resist.

All I need now is some time in which to sit down and make some inroads :(

Regards - Tug
So it was you who bought it. I was pondering about whether I should and you made my mind up for me. :)
I too buy 1/2 price Roden kits from Poland. They seem to be in endless supply.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #1864 on: October 18, 2016, 02:19:23 AM »
Completely out of the norm for me, I traded a 1/32 Tamiya birdcage Corsair for a 1/250 Musashi (sistership to Yamato) that came with the full set of GMM PE.  I only have a few ship models, but this one is very big, and at some point will be a good project.

Offline Monty

« Reply #1865 on: October 26, 2016, 06:25:51 AM »
Hmm... Tug and Toby, where exactly do these Polish bargains come from? My appetite for Ni 24 etc is certainly whetted and I confess I do like Roden kits.... Regards, Marc

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #1866 on: October 26, 2016, 06:29:14 AM »
Marc, I may look around Polish shops. Just tell me, what you need.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:41:21 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #1867 on: October 26, 2016, 07:04:09 AM »
Hi Marc,

There are two sources, as far as I know, that advertise regularly on EBay - this is one of them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nieuport-24-bis-Roden-611-1-32-/172274202892?hash=item281c57b90c:g:FekAAOSw0fhXiMm7

The return has been very good and the kits well packed. Hope that helps some  :)

Regards - Tug

Offline Monty

« Reply #1868 on: October 27, 2016, 05:58:41 AM »
Hi Przemo! Thank You so much for the offer, I will have to find a way of reimbursing you - Do you take credit or debit cards?? only kidding, but I'm sure I can find a way somehow. I will message you in a few days.. Regards and Thanks...
Hi Tug, Thanks for the info! I'm not keen on E-bay, it's the Paypal that causes me problems, (weirdly, a South African invention) but I'll look out for alternatives! Regards, Marc

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1869 on: October 27, 2016, 11:52:05 AM »
These two kits arrived from Ivan at Yellowhouseclub, the first is a 1:35 scale resin kit of the British Gun Carrier Mk.1 supply, the second is a CRI-EL 1:35 scale resin Fiat FT.17 tank (early). Ivan also sent me the figure shown, it is white metal and has exquisite detail, thank you Ivan.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #1870 on: October 28, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
Ah, Des nice buy.
I toy with the idea to buy the gun carrier. It is a great model.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1871 on: November 01, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »
This turned up today. It is the 1:35 scale ICM Model T 1917 Ambulance, a great looking kit with excellent detail, there is an engine included which could be highly detailed and left open to view. The instructions are in booklet form and contain 15 pages with superb illustrations making assembly very easy, there is a small decal sheet which covers 3 vehicles two being the US in France and one for the French Army. For the low price of $40AUD including post it is excellent value for money.

Des.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #1872 on: November 01, 2016, 09:29:09 PM »
I also own two of these kits and I absolutely agree with you, Des, they seem to be excellent. But as I am deeply interested in the Battle of Verdun events of 1916 I am happy that I own a resicast Ford T ambulance as well. In fact the ICM modell has the later style 1917 "black" metal radiator for the Ford T, whereas the resicast kit has the early brass radiator built until 1916. And the ICM ambulance has the simplified body made for the AEF, while the resicast has the early French style body made out of single wooden planks. These bodies were used by the AFS in 1916 after they had switched from canvas coverd bodies to wooden ones. Just my. "two cents" to this brilliant vehicle which is one of my favoured vehicles of WWI.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1873 on: November 02, 2016, 05:44:41 AM »
I also have the Resicast Model T Ambulance so it will be good to be able to do a comparison between the two kits.

Des.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1874 on: November 02, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »
Another parcel turned up today this time the 1:35 scale Meng French FT.17 light tank with a cast turret, this kit has full interior details.

Des.