Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 362036 times)

Offline xmald

Latest acquisition in your collection
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:03:21 AM »
I guess we can post some info about what you`ve just bought to build up your collection of WWI aircraft and other materials...

My latest one:
http://www.internetmodeler.com/2000/february/first-looks/flashback_taube.htm
Best regards
Filip

Offline Whiteknuckles

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
Ohh very nice xmald!!

Looking forward to you building this one!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
Very nice. Where did you get that? Would be a nice kit to have.

Well done :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:49:15 AM »
What a great kit to have xmald, I am really looking forward to seeing you build this one. As you can tell by my avatar the Taube is my most favorite aircraft, I'm waiting for someone to produce it in 1:32 scale.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

mike in calif

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »
Nice kit there!
 My most recent is the Triplane book by Leaman, and (Using my coupon) a 1/16th Model airways Camel.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »
Nice addition. My latest aquisitions are for the group build. I dont think I have to post pictures of ANY of the Revell classics.....

Steve

Offline xmald

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
I`ve bought it on an online auction. One of my wish came true:)
Best regards
Filip

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »
  Filip,
Congratulations my friend on having winning bid my friend. Looks to be one excellent kit. Looking forward to a future build thread .

@ Des,
I hope WNW or anyone else comes up with a Taube in 1/32 scale too. Should be an excellent challenge and one I'd like to take. In the mean time though you may have to breakdown and build just one in 1/48 scale or scratch build your own in 1/32 scale. Now that would be one awesome project.

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 03:16:51 AM »
I have added the Revell (ex Eduard) 1:48 Spad XIII to my stash - I am not including the Roden 1:72 PKZ-2 helicoper kit which I ordered this week - this is to get replacement parts for my build that has suffered a few accidents in the making...

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:56:54 AM »
I've acquired a couple of Nieuport 17s for the Group Build. The first is the Academy 1/32 Nieuport 17 that are from old Hobby Craft molds. I was looking to get it on the cheap from eBay when I got sniped at the last second! >:( Looks like a lot of people will be interested in building it, but it seems like that's for a good reason. Might even give me a chance to try a bit of scratch building.

The other is the Testors 1/48 Nieuport 17, which is an old Hawk model, from what I gather. It comes complete with an engine molded into the cowl and the roundels already inscribed on the wings! That things would darn near build itself!  ;D If I decide to build that one I imagine I'll be following the article by Steve Perry http://www.wwi-models.org/IM/French/ni17.html

I'll declare my intentions for the group build formally if and when the kits arrive, and if and when I can screw up enough courage to join.

Lindsay

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 06:00:41 AM »
Just ordered WnW's Pfalz DXII.  ;)
Looking forward to cracking on with it!

Von Buckle

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 08:44:08 AM »
Thanks Gregory -  I have considered scratch building the Taube in 1:32 scale, it would be a real challenge, but the way my Voisin is going I don't think I will live long enough to even finish it  :-[

Lindsay - looking forward to you joining in on the GB, sounds as if you will have a really good kit to build.

Bob - A good choice, the Pfalz D.XII is an excellent kit and builds up to be a beautiful model.

Ian - Sorry to hear of your ''accident'' with your helicopter, I hope the replacement will get you back on track again, what I saw of your build was excellent.

As far as my latest acquisition, well, all I have purchased lately are materials to complete my Voisin scratch build, sad but true.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:46 AM »
I just had to go and check the loft to remember what that last one was that I collected. Turns out it's the Revell 1/32nd scale Tiger Moth. Why that one? Well, I thought that it would look rather neat in my case as one of the "Blue Max" SEs:

Not a difficult mod, I think, and a fairly straightforward build. Has anyone had experience with this kit?
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »
Like Von Buckle my most recent is the WNW Pfalz DXII. Looks like a great kit and more. I'm itching to get at it however can't seem to get any real progress on my present build, their Alb. DV.  Every time I decide I can "buckle up" the fuselage another detail jumps out of the Refs and away I go again. Could be a long Summer........... ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Nothing wrong with a long summer puttering with a WNW Alby

Steve