Author Topic: Painting figures 101  (Read 42755 times)

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: Painting figures 101
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »
Larsa, Amazing job!  I only wish I had your talent.
Wonderful painting!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Repainted

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
Larsa, Amazing job!  I only wish I had your talent.
Wonderful painting!

Cheers,
Hi Ernie
You have the skill,you just haven't trained that skill. It´s take practise and a lots of hours I've been painting figures for twenty years now and done more mistakes then I remember :D, but learning from them is a good way to get better. One thing that's never been told in a thread is how long it took to finish the model in minutes, hours, days, weeks
 Depending on what's on your desk you always getting more skilful every time. So there is the talent.

Thanks
LarsaQ

Offline Repainted

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »
I'm... i'm... i'm...!

I'm lacking words. Your skill to paint figures it's beyond adjectives imo, so i'll just say... thx for those pics.

Cheers

Thanks Zabu
I have a lot too say and show so if this thread growing long I´ll stay here.

LarsaQ

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »
  Larsa,
Heaven know I could really use this wonderful thread! Much appreciated my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Repainted

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 02:26:03 AM »
  Larsa,
Heaven know I could really use this wonderful thread! Much appreciated my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
Hi
You surprise me, I had that idea that you already had the skill but anyway I will this thread as long someone likes it.
Cheers my friend
LarsaQ

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »
Just catching up on this this thread..

Just what I was after.. I've just posted about a new range of Modelkasten figures - I wasn't going to - but I'm really tempted to get a couple now to give it a go - my few previous attempts at figure painting have never matched up to the model so I'd basically given up - but you've given me new hope!

I'd love to see a similar tutorial in 1/32?  ;)

Cheers

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Repainted

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »
Just catching up on this this thread..

Just what I was after.. I've just posted about a new range of Modelkasten figures - I wasn't going to - but I'm really tempted to get a couple now to give it a go - my few previous attempts at figure painting have never matched up to the model so I'd basically given up - but you've given me new hope!

I'd love to see a similar tutorial in 1/32?  ;)

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy
I´m glad to have inspired you.
After this Stormtrooper bust I`ll go 32-scale  again and if the interest are up I´ll keep posting here..

LarsaQ

Offline Repainted

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 12:41:36 AM »
Hi folks
It’s time for a new update on the bust and it’s soon finished. The highlights are on and on this I used two highlights, one lighter than the other. At the moment when I just have the darker shadows on the face it’s looking rather funny and not so promising but when the highlights goes on difference makes. 
So the first highlight’s mixed from Flesh Hu 61, leather Hu 62. Using the same technique as described earlier. The last highlight was mixed in the same way as the first but white Hu 34 was added into the mix. With this colors just tiny spots was painted as nose tip, cheekbones and upper lips.
Finally a thin coat off acrylic semi gloss varnish was used to get the skin alive.
So the rest off the figure was painted with an airbrush and the details were fixed with brushes in sizes 00-4.

So, hoping that You had the chance to learn something off what I did on this big bust and it is very recommended if you like to try, and if so good luck and don´t think I can never do that, you can always clean off the Humbrols and start all over again so why not give your skill a boost forward.
Comments are welcome as likewise critics.
Cheers
LarsaQ

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »
Excellent result with this figure Larsa, you certainly have done a superb job and thank you for posting the tutorial, it is most helpful. Please do post the painting technique for your 1:32 scale figure, this is the scale I work in and I am having issues with painting faces in this scale, or any scale as a matter of fact.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Repainted

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 03:40:24 AM »
Excellent result with this figure Larsa, you certainly have done a superb job and thank you for posting the tutorial, it is most helpful. Please do post the painting technique for your 1:32 scale figure, this is the scale I work in and I am having issues with painting faces in this scale, or any scale as a matter of fact.

Des.
Hi Des
I´ve promised an tutorial on 54mm and I will stick to that promise. For the moment I don´t have any on the shelf but will order one asp for the start of the 54mm ditto. And I will stick to brushes and let the airbrush have vacation.

Regards
LarsaQ

Offline martin

• Martins Scale Models
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 04:05:03 AM »
Wow, what a beautiful figure and equally beautiful finish you have achieved on this....wonderful work.

Martin.

Offline Repainted

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 04:52:21 AM »
Wow, what a beautiful figure and equally beautiful finish you have achieved on this....wonderful work.

Martin.

Thanks Martin
This is a very recommended bust.

Regards
LarsaQ

Offline Repainted

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 02:16:12 AM »
Hi folks
Just got the RFC Mechanic from Kellerkind today so watch out for the  next tutorial Des. This time you and all who needs it in 54mm.
Next I will come back with pics and a review before Ill start to paint the figure so be sure that you have a figure to go along.

LarsaQ

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 02:24:46 AM »
Amazing job on the bust, Larsa.  A tutorial on 54mm figures would be
wonderful!

Cheers,
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »
Thanks Larsa, I'm looking forward to seeing the painting tutorial for the 54mm figure, this will help a lot of members.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com