Author Topic: Show us your - Sopwith Snipe  (Read 10194 times)

Offline Epeeman

Re: Show us your - Sopwith Snipe
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »
Hello, folks -

Sorry, not been on the forum for a while (a combination of a bit of work study and trying to move house resulting in a temporary loss of motivation) and just catching up with what's going on.

I'll jump and add my OOB, brush painted build of a post WW1 Snipe if there are no objections!

Regards

Dave

As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 07:22:31 AM »
Great to see this incredible beauty again, Dave!  The fact that you've achieved such remarkable results through brush painting makes it all the more extraordinary.
So, you moved house, too?  Set me back 2 months, mate.  Love our new home, though.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 11:01:21 AM »
Great to see this incredible beauty again, Dave!  The fact that you've achieved such remarkable results through brush painting makes it all the more extraordinary.
So, you moved house, too?  Set me back 2 months, mate.  Love our new home, though.
Cheers,
Bud

I agree 100% with Buds comment! Beautiful and hand Painted to boot!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 04:42:11 AM »
Thank you, Bud/RAGIII -

Bud - not quite there yet with the house - currently in the process of going through all the legal what-not.   If all goes well, we may be in a position to exchange contracts by end next week.  If that happens, we may possibly move in by end August beginning of September.  When I do move, it will be interesting to see which of my built models survive ................!

Regards

Dave

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 04:51:09 AM »
Thank you, Bud/RAGIII -

Bud - not quite there yet with the house - currently in the process of going through all the legal what-not.   If all goes well, we may be in a position to exchange contracts by end next week.  If that happens, we may possibly move in by end August beginning of September.  When I do move, it will be interesting to see which of my built models survive ................!

Regards

Dave
How far are you moving?  Our move was only 35 miles, so I made several small trips in my pick-up prior to the BIG move.  Models and display cases made it in those trips with very minimal undercarriage damage to 2 models, easily repaired.  Hopefully, you can do the same.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 06:28:35 AM »
Bud,

Less than 3 miles would you believe - but I gain a better house with a garage and all round better area and easier car parking.

Regards

Dave

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »
Oh!  Well, then.  You could walk your models over, Dave.
Good luck, mate.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
Here is the Snipe from my recent Dual build. I have experimented with editing the original photos:
Here is the link to the build: I didn't get terrific results from the Editing so I took some more photos : Not perfect but better!

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=2951.0

RAGIII

wnwsnipe2 002 by ragfokker, on Flickr

wnwsnipe2 003_crop by Richard Geisler, on Flickr

wnwsnipe2 004 by ragfokker, on Flickr

wnwsnipe2 005 by ragfokker, on Flickr

wnwsnipe2 008 by ragfokker, on Flickr

wnwsnipe2 009_crop by ragfokker, on Flickr

wnwsnipe2 013_crop by ragfokker, on Flickr

wnwsnipe2 019 by ragfokker, on Flickr

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:58:15 PM by RAGIII »

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 01:22:00 AM »
Truly stunning, Amigo!  I love the color.  Your paint work, decal application, rigging are all flawless, clean and precise.  Outstanding.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2014, 05:05:59 AM »
Rick,

Always an absolute pleasure to view your excellent work and this is no exception - lovely job, mate!

Regards

Dave

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2014, 07:44:12 AM »
A truely stunning model Rick, I watched the build of this model and to now see the finished product is such a delight, well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 01:28:08 PM »
One of my favourite Snipes, Rick.  Beautiful job, my friend!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
Truly stunning, Amigo!  I love the color.  Your paint work, decal application, rigging are all flawless, clean and precise.  Outstanding.
Cheers,
Bud

Thanks Amigo! Not flawless but I am satisfied  8)
RAGIII
Rick,

Always an absolute pleasure to view your excellent work and this is no exception - lovely job, mate!

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, I greatly appreciate your comments as always. Your work with a "BRUSH" always makes me feel humble  ;)
RAGIII

A truely stunning model Rick, I watched the build of this model and to now see the finished product is such a delight, well done.

Des.

Thank you very much Des, not quite up to your Snipes standards but as I Said, I am happy with the results.
RAGIII

One of my favourite Snipes, Rick.  Beautiful job, my friend!

Cheers,
Ernie :)

Ernie,
I am always encouraged by your comments and knowing that you are truly following and interested in my builds. This one is no different, thank you!
RAGIII

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2018, 08:35:02 PM »
Hi all,
Sopwith Snipe of ‘B’ Flight, No.4 Squadron AFC, 1918,  as flown by Thomas C.R. Baker (12 victories),

Mike

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 07:00:33 PM by Mike 'Sandbagger' Norris »

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.