Author Topic: Re: WNW Hannover CL.II 1/32nd Scale  (Read 4008 times)

Offline mgunns

Re: WNW Hannover CL.II 1/32nd Scale
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:34:09 AM »
Okay folks:

Here it is.  I finally got it wrapped up.  I somehow managed to loose the radiator return fitting, so it isn't there.  Other than that, I am pretty pleased with the results.  For some reason this model seemed to fight me along the way.  Des says he had no problems with the upper wing attachment, I had nothing but trouble.  Anyway, here it is.

Now on to something completely different.

Thanks for stopping by.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Re: WNW Hannover CL.II 1/32nd Scale
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:01:59 AM »
Well it looks fantastic. Congrats!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:09:45 AM »
Wow, Mark!  That was giant leap to the finish line and brilliantly executed.  She's truly stunning, buddy.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
Congratulations Mark on a truely remarkable job. Your oversprayed fuselage lozenge looks wonderful and extremely well executed, the rest of the aeroplane is also a credit to your modeling skills, very well done on producing a spectacular model.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »
Great work Mark. That was interesting to follow as you solved the paint challenges!!

Steve

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »
Mark,
 She's a beauty and no mistake - very nice!  :o
Cheers!
vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »
Outstanding work Mark!  She looks great. ;D  The markings are visually interesting and very well executed.  Did you paint the lozenge on the struts?  That seems to be the prevalent method so far.  Great job!

Regards,

Bob

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 11:03:29 PM »
  Mark,
Outstanding Hannover my old friend. First rate contruction through finishing. Congratulations and Well Done!
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Galloway

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 03:32:33 AM »
Beautiful Hannover Mark! Everything came together very nicely!

Ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline mgunns

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:04:17 AM »
Thanks everybody for your kind words and encouragement during the build.  The photo's don't quite capture the lozenge on the fuselage, I will attempt an outside shot here soon and post.

The struts were hand painted using Ronnie Barr's profile for the example, the same for the landing gear and the cabane struts.  I think I mentioned that the fit of the upper wing was a challenge for me.  Des had no problem with his, Kornbeef is still in the early stages of his so it will be interesting to see how he does and what challenges he faces in his build.  It is a mean looking fighting machine no doubt.  Maybe our aftermarket folks could offer a fuselage lozenge template, or WNW could offer one on their website for the modeler to download.

I used Fine EZ line and Bob's Buckles for the rigging.  I did discover that you can thread EZ line through the tubing to make a turnbuckle.  I used that method when attaching the EZ line to the upper wing, but for attaching to the lower wing, I wound it around itself three or four times, dabbed a dollop of super glue on it, cut the excess and called it good.  I like the results.
When building this kit, one has to ensure that part E8, a radiator return pipe, is attached to the engine after the engine is attached to the formers.  I didn't, and was going to cut it, and attach it to the radiator prior to attaching the upper wing, well, it got lost.  I probably tossed it out with the baby and the bathwater.  Otherwise, construction is fairly straightforward.
Thanks again for stopping by and your comments.  Each one I build is a learning experience and trying different techniques.
Thanks for stopping by

Best

Mark
Mark

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 05:50:51 AM »
Mark,
    Hadn't checked on this for a few days, and here she is done and very nicely as well. You really aced many of the nuances of this subject, the muted/oversprayed lozenge is brilliant. Congratulations on turning out one magnificent model; what's next??
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mgunns

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 08:23:37 AM »
Mark,
   Congratulations on turning out one magnificent model; what's next??
Cheers,
Lance

Hello Lance:

Thanks for the compliments and stopping by.  What's next you ask?  Hmmmmmmmmm.......good question.  I am debating on one of three, the WNW DVII OAW, the WNW Pfalz DXII, or the Amodel Nie11 in Alvero Leonardi's markings with the "Homer Simpson" character on the side.  I had started it last year, but then put it aside, but; I have a hankerin to finish it up.  Not sure though.  Right now my thoughts are on the snow that is accumulating on my driveway and working up the motivation to blow it, but I will wait for the plows to come by before I do anything.  Fun!

Thanks again

Mark
Mark

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »
Mark,
Cheers,
Lance

Hello Lance:

Thanks for the compliments and stopping by.  What's next you ask?  Hmmmmmmmmm.......good question.  I am debating on one of three, the WNW DVII OAW, the WNW Pfalz DXII, or the Amodel Nie11 in Alvero Leonardi's markings with the "Homer Simpson" character on the side.  I had started it last year, but then put it aside, but; I have a hankerin to finish it up.  Not sure though.  Right now my thoughts are on the snow that is accumulating on my driveway and working up the motivation to blow it, but I will wait for the plows to come by before I do anything.  Fun!

Thanks again

Mark

Isn't Winter fun here?! I spent 4 hours with my ATV and Snowblower clearing out my, and the neighbor's driveways day before yesterday; now the forecast is for, you guessed it, SNOW! "No Country for old men"!!!!
    We seem to have similar stashes; once I get out of the doldrums and finish this Bif I'm seriously thinking of the Pfalz D XII or one of the three versions of the Fok. DVII I have, but the Roland DVI is a contender as well. Any of these choices will be enjoyable; as stated on another thread we are indeed fortunate to have the variety of top of the line Kits to choose from.
    Semper Fi, my Friend, hopefully we'll meet face to face some day when I move east!
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline mgunns

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »
Mark,
Cheers,
Lance

Hello Lance:

Thanks again

Mark

Isn't Winter fun here?! I spent 4 hours with my ATV and Snowblower clearing out my, and the neighbor's driveways day before yesterday; now the forecast is for, you guessed it, SNOW! "No Country for old men"!!!!
    We seem to have similar stashes; once I get out of the doldrums and finish this Bif I'm seriously thinking of the Pfalz D XII or one of the three versions of the Fok. DVII I have, but the Roland DVI is a contender as well. Any of these choices will be enjoyable; as stated on another thread we are indeed fortunate to have the variety of top of the line Kits to choose from.
    Semper Fi, my Friend, hopefully we'll meet face to face some day when I move east!
Cheers,
Lance ;)
It would be fun Lance.  I met Paddy last year at the Rochester show.  I know Bo lives in Wisconsin, I am thinking he lives in the Milwaukee area, it would be fun to hook up with him some time too.  Summer is busy here in the great upper midwest, not a lot of model shows, I hit the motorcycle shows, rides etc., but; would sure like to keep modeling.  Maybe this summer.  My stash will outlive me.  Once I tackle the driveway and the plow windrow, I feel vindicated and that I have beaten "the hawk".  It is winter and snow is the operative word.  No country for old men is right.  California or North Carolina for me.

As you know, I opted for the Pfalz DXII.  I am looking forward to it.

Best

Mark
Mark

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 09:38:44 PM »
[I know Bo lives in Wisconsin, I am thinking he lives in the Milwaukee area, it would be fun to hook up with him some time too. 

For sure! I am a bit west of Madison, so not in the Milwaukee area, but not that far away... There is a little show coming up in March in Cottage Grove that I was thinking of attending...