Author Topic: Bristol M1.c in 1:32 scale  (Read 13503 times)

Offline ggl1269

Re: Bristol M1.c in 1:32 scale
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »
looking great ....cant wait to start mine.... :D

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »
Excellent work as usual!! I thought at one point there was a red one you were considering but this is very sharp.

Steve

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 02:48:14 AM »
I forgot to mention it but the rudder is hand painted, I prefer to hand paint instead of using the rudder decals.

We're on the same wavelength in that regard Des. I mask and airbrush the stripes. It's so much easier than fighting with those decals.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »
  Des,
Absolutely a thing of beauty my old friend. Man, I've got to get one of these excellent kits.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

PS: The hand painted tail stripes look perfect, nice and sharp. I wouldn't have know they weren't decal if you hadn't told us.
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »
Yes Steve, I was contemplating doing this model as 'The Red Devil' but opted for the trainer scheme, I am cosidering getting another kit and doing the red scheme which I feel is quite striking.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline sobrien

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 12:45:21 PM »
Des,
you said you paint your rudders rather than decal. What paints did you use? It looks looks a perfect match. A beautiful job as usual.

Sean

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
Des, you sly dog!  I almost missed this.  I've been looking forward to this one, so I went to your web site today and, lo and behold, you're well into her.  I like the idea of a Resin Section.
This looks like a wonderful kit and you're doing your usual magic on her.  She's gorgeous in her silver and black garb.  Can't wait to see her all rigged.   ???  Now I want to get started on mine.  Gotta finish the Rumpler first, though (resin, by the way ;))  Really glad to see that you're enjoying this medium.  Do I see a Planet Brandenburg W.20 in your future?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 03:40:08 PM »
Definitely get one Gregory, this is a great kit, you will thoroughly enjoy the build.

Sean, I firstly spray painted the rudder with Humbrol Gloss White No.22, once dry I masked it then spray painted Humbrol Gloss French Blue No.14, allow to dry then remask and spray paint Humbrol Gloss Ferrari Red No.220. When everything is dry the decals can be applied then a coat of clear, I used a 50/50 mix of Humbrol Satin and Matt clear coat.

Sorry Bud, I must have slipped under your radar with this build. I'm looking forward to seeing you start yours and I'm sure you will be very pleased with the kit. Because resin kits are starting to become more popular I decided to add the Resin board to the forum, this will make it easier for anyone wanting to find particulat builds. I was looking at the Omega Hansa Brandenburg W.20 just the other day, strange little aeroplane but has possibilities, I have put it on my must do list. I looked up the Planet Models website and could not find the W.20 that you spoke of, did I miss something?

Des.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »
I looked up the Planet Models website and could not find the W.20 that you spoke of, did I miss something?
Des.
Sorry, mate.  No, you didn't miss anything.  I misspoke...er...mistyped?  I was thinking initially of the Ponnier M.1 then switched planes mid-stream.  Another interesting resin subject, though.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 04:46:59 AM »
Don't know if you've now found it, but I see Hannants still has a couple for sale, of the Omega Brandenburg W.20 in 1/32.
At £94.97, and it wasn't exactly one of WWI's bigger machines. Sharp intake of breath on that one, I'm afraid.

Anyway, it's brilliant that the resin manufacturers are beginning to offer some of the lesser knowns in 1/32. I also see Omega are offering something called the Mosca MB bis, which I'd never heard of. Looks like a Morane Saulnier copy.

Mark

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »
This model is now finished. The rigging is quite basic with double flying wires under the wings. I use 0.12mm mono for the rigging painted with Mr Metal Color Stainless. This model has been a lot of fun to build and went together extremely well with no major issues at all, I would highly recommend this Alley Cat 1:32 scale Bristol M1.c kit to anyone who wants to add another WW1 aircraft model to their collection, even though it is resin it is very easy to build.

Rowan from Pheon Models has indicated that he will be producing a decal set for this particular model, so hopefully soon there will be a great range of decal options available.

A full build log of this model can be found on my website    http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page38.html

Des.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »
Des,
   The usual unusual................. an unusual subject done, as usual, in your very stellar fashion. She's beautiful to behold, magnificent work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
Another stunning beauty in your stable of thoroughbreds.  Congratulations on a brilliant (and fast) build. 
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Siskin

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »
Ready? That's fast!
Looks great, finally the network has a cool model of Bristol :)!

Offline drdave

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
I love it Des! And I've bought one!